Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

thanks. i just now flashed my BIOS to previous update, same temp with default setting. looks like got nothing but voiding warranty. i bought it about 1yrs ago(newegg), but i didn't care about temps or OC at that time. but neweggg maybe won't support these(one said that).
    Intel says, if "processor diagnostic tool" says "pass", they can't see any issue. one thing also strange that if i run "processor diagnostic tool", its stress test don't go beyond 65c @ load 3.9ghz !!

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

If you are beyond the return period you might want to just leave it be until the weather cools down. No sense voiding you warranty if it has been working OK and no sense running Prime until you have cooler ambient temps.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by WolfzheaD View Post
    is the temperature ramping up to that? does the system shut down after a period when idle?

or is it instantly hitting those temps?

If it gradually builds up then definitely look in to your H100i, I use one of these with my secondary system and have tested it on my i7-3770K. The temperatures are far lower than you are experiencing. I would expect the system to shut itself down, even when idle, if the H100i wasn't moving the heat away though as Ivybridge cook pretty hot.

Can you also go in to your BIOS and monitor the VCore read outs. I use the 3770K and under BIOS, if set to Auto VCore, it should register around about 1.045V

If it's higher than this then set VCore to manual and adjust to 1.100V, also check your VCore in windows by downloading CPU-Z and running it, it will show your cpu voltage more accurately than HWMonitor.

EDIT: Looking at your temperatures on HWMonitor, I would stop using Prime95 or other CPU intense software until you get those idle temperatures down. 3770K's TjMax is 105C, which you're hitting a lot under load, so you're going to end up killing it.
    bro, its instantly hitting those temps. are cpu voltage and vcore voltage same thing? i changed it auto to 1.100v. Cpu-z showing "core voltage: 1.104v" but HWmonitor Showing "VID: 1.251v" and BTW i'm getting hottest core 82c (large FTP test p95) @ 3.9ghz with ram 1600mhz xmp.
    waiting for your response.... thanks
    Last edited by anupom; 05-23-2014 at 09:05 AM.

ROG Member Array

Don't mind but i'm not in US. My temps won't get too low than this for most of time. and as you know my condition, is it worth it having a gaming rig like this but can't do oc :/
    BTW thanks.. if there is anything i can do...just tell me..

xeromist PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Mouse Logitech MX500

Quote Originally Posted by anupom View Post
    bro, its instantly hitting those temps. are cpu voltage and vcore voltage same thing? i changed it auto to 1.100v. Cpu-z showing "core voltage: 1.104v" but HWmonitor Showing "VID: 1.251v" and BTW i'm getting hottest core 82c (large FTP test p95) @ 3.9ghz with ram 1600mhz xmp.
    waiting for your response.... thanks
    Yes, 1.104 is the same. There will be a small amount of drift and also possible variation in the accuracy of the reading but that is pretty darn close. The vcore is the important one. The VID is not the actual supplied voltage, hence wouldn't generate heat.

82c does not seem bad for p95. Perhaps you have a bad CPU temp sensor and it's not actually that hot. You would need an external temp sensor to check it though.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Yes, 1.104 is the same. There will be a small amount of drift and also possible variation in the accuracy of the reading but that is pretty darn close. The vcore is the important one. The VID is not the actual supplied voltage, hence wouldn't generate heat.

82c does not seem bad for p95. Perhaps you have a bad CPU temp sensor and it's not actually that hot. You would need an external temp sensor to check it though.
    Bro, if 82c @ 3.9ghz not bad then how can i oc my pc? bad temp sensor? how can i get external temp sensor and check?

ROG Member Array

Update: Hey guys, yesterday i've got "CM E2 Thermal Compound" and my temps improved. Now i'm Overclocked at 4.6Ghz getting about 90c(hottest core) on load. I leave my CPU voltage and PLL "Auto". On load vCore is around 1.32. Is it right? Is there anything i can do to reduce my temps more...?
    Running "AIDA64- stress test" for 1/2 hours and got this result... Please help me, if any of my is not right or cause problems!!

Hare is screenshots:
    http://i.imgur.com/JTLWZ4r.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/cRIa9Mp.png

xeromist PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Mouse Logitech MX500

Quote Originally Posted by anupom View Post
    Bro, if 82c @ 3.9ghz not bad then how can i oc my pc? bad temp sensor? how can i get external temp sensor and check?
    Sorry for the delay, was going to post a reply but the forum was down and then I was AFK a few days.

I don't know what is available in your region but a fan controller with temp sensors like the NZXT Sentry-2 would work.

I meant that you are running a very stressful load that you would never see except for a synthetic test and the highest core temp you are seeing is within Intel spec. That is considered acceptable even if not ideal or desirable. Every chip is different. You may not be able to OC this chip very much at all.

Sounds like you got things sorted with a repaste though. That's still hot but as long as you aren't going above 90c with Prime then you should be much lower with gaming type tasks.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

For ****s n giggles
    Open up real temp, then go to settings. Make sure EIST and C1E are on or check marked.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array czeslaw's Avatar

I'm also using Corsair H100i (M5F + 3770K) @ 4,5 Ghz (offset OC). Everything works fine although my core temps reach 90 deg. when stress testing but that's normal right ? Is anyone using offset OC ? What is your freq. and offset voltage?

One thing I changed with my Corsair H100i setup was adding additional pair of Corsair fans in PUSH-PULL configuration.
    Last edited by czeslaw; 06-09-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    M7H / Matrix 7970 P (flashed to R9 280x Matrix P) + 2 x DELL U2713HM / i7 4790k + h100i push&pull / 3 x Kingston 3k SSD 120GB / 1 x Corsair ForceGT 120GB / TridentX 2400 2x8gb / Corsair Graphite 600t case + AX1200i + NZXT IU01 + Bitfenix USB3.0 internal adapter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2