cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! - I need a new screen for my ASUS G74SX-XA1- got no idea where to buy it .

squiffer
Level 7
HELP! This was a 17.3-inch LED-backlit Full HD resolution 1920 x 1080 screen for an ASUS G74SX-XA1 gaming computer.

Then my fat cat sat on the lid and squashed the mouse into the screen.
Now it is an abstract display. 😞

I simply cannot stand using my old miserable HP special for desktop secretaries. UGH UGH UGH. I can't load my games except at lowest resolution and then I move across the screen in jerks and lags resembling the very first movies from the earliest 20th century.

I found replacement screens on e-bay, amazon, on an asus site in China that will take 20 days to get to me, and an English site. The prices range from $80 to $295 (that was the English site).

I do not know where to buy it. I do not which sellers to trust. I am lost, so I am writing y'all for help.

Thank you

Squiffer
2 REPLIES 2

Zygomorphic
Level 17
I honestly don't know who to tell you to trust, since all of the sellers of random screens are pretty much universally random people, which means that there is likely no way to establish the trustworthiness. You could probably get something off e-Bay, I know that people have done that in the past with other components.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

billyray520
Level 10
I replaced the screen myself on my G73jh from here. They give you a three yr. warranty, and I would recommend them. They are fast, and send you exactly the screen you order (so order carefully)
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7