cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First post

wolfy
Level 8
Hi this is my first post here , i have used Asus for a few years now, and have had the last 2 Crosshair versions , i just got the Crosshair V yesterday (present from wife) and have a problem .
When i boot my Keyboard is not found Mouse is but not keyboard it will carry on booting ang when windows starts up the keyboard works.
so the problem is with the boot up i cannot get into the bios as the keyboard is not found..... Help any ideas...
ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
CPU: Intel 9900K @4.7 ghz
2 x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3200
C16 BK DC - 16GB
1 x Aurous 2080Super 8GB
1x 500GB Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe
1x 500GB AData 8200pro M.2NVMe
2 X 500 GB SSD
1000w PSU from corsair
Tower Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic
1 x dell 34" curved + 1 x 24"
CPU and Motherboard.
NZXT Kraken X73 RG
10 REPLIES 10

Cyrekk
Level 10
😕

What keyboard are you using? Is it USB? I am assuming it is... In which case try a different port. If that doesn't work try a port on a different controller. If that one fails try using a USB-PS/2 adapter. If my assumption is wrong and it is a PS/2 keyboard try using a PS/2-USB adapter and see if that works.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
Hello and welcome to the forums. I would like to know is it the USB 3.0? When I first got my board I didn't realize I had plugged in my keyboard and mouse into those slots. Those slots need the drivers to work (at least for me) so simply switching to the black USB ports fixed it. But yes what was stated by Cyrekk try a PS2 keyboard some people have fixed their keyboard and/or mouse issues by temporarily using them. GL.

Hi, it is a cyborg from Saitek , i have tried in all the usb slots , and it does not seem to help , keyboard has 2 usb cables so using a usb to ps3 is not really a option or is it..
i have installed all the drivers for the usb ...
ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
C16 BK DC - 16GB
1 x Aurous 2080Super 8GB
2 X 500 GB SSD
1000w PSU from corsair
CPU and Motherboard.
NZXT Kraken X73 RG

Retired
Not applicable
I'm not sure if you can use a usb to ps2 adapter with a keyboard that has two usb ports. But perhaps it can. The only other option I can think of is try finding a cheap PS2 keyboard. You can find some cheap ones for under $10. To be honest they are always good to have around for troubleshooting. But that is my opinion. Else at least windows is works. I can understand it being annoying you can't enter the bios without the keyboard but I'm sure we can figure this out.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Is the USB keyboard showing up in Device Manager?

Also, if you haven't already, update to bios 0705 to see if it corrects the problem for you.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Retired
Not applicable
I can't speak for him completely nemesis but I think his keyboard doesn't turn on until he reaches the OS so he can't press delete for the bios. 😉

"so the problem is with the boot up i cannot get into the bios as the keyboard is not found"
and
"when windows starts up the keyboard works"

wolfy
Level 8
Okay, i think i have found the problem , i have 2 usb thrustmaster MFDs if they are in then under startup (BIOS) the keyboard dont show,unplug them
and reboot the Keyboard show , i have used this set up for a couple of years now and it was not a problem with the crosshair IV so it must be the crosshair V
what ya think
ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
C16 BK DC - 16GB
1 x Aurous 2080Super 8GB
2 X 500 GB SSD
1000w PSU from corsair
CPU and Motherboard.
NZXT Kraken X73 RG

ok quick update it seems to be any other USB that i have pluged in have the same problem with my joystick it seems to be affecting the bios page
Damm i have never had so many problems with a mainboard than i have with this one...
ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
C16 BK DC - 16GB
1 x Aurous 2080Super 8GB
2 X 500 GB SSD
1000w PSU from corsair
CPU and Motherboard.
NZXT Kraken X73 RG

Cyrekk
Level 10
For the record, keyboards with 2 or more USB connectors use one for the keyboard, and the other(s) for peripheral (usually a USB hub on the board but sometimes other devices as well). If the connectors ...
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS