cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair DDR3 2400 32GB (4x8)

vmmj1979
Level 7
I just bought the Rampage IV Black Edition and Corsair DDR3 2400 32GB(4x8) modules for it, but the MB is only reading 16. Can anyone help me out for it to read it all?

Thanks,
11 REPLIES 11

vmmj1979
Level 7
No luck Raja, I reseated the ram and they all appear in the timing, but when I go to tools/ASUS DRAM SPD INFORMATION, dimm slots b_1 and d_1 read abnormal. I then switched the sticks around and still got the same abnormal reading for the same slots. Do you think its a MB issue?

Thanks

Raja
Level 13
The guides give you advice on what to adjust - they don't simply tell you only to re-seat the memory modules or check the CPU socket for bent pins. Did you try the timing adjustments in the guide?

vmmj1979
Level 7
I can't adjust the individual channels in the timing. Only where the auto option is.

I did a memtest on the ram, and all 4 8gb sticks passed. I'm not looking to overclock, just want the board to read all
32gb I have. Forgive my newbieness.

vmmj1979 wrote:
I can't adjust the individual channels in the timing. Only where the auto option is.

I did a memtest on the ram, and all 4 8gb sticks passed. I'm not looking to overclock, just want the board to read all

You don't need to adjust "individual channels". Just follow and change the timings the guides state.

DDR3-2400 is "overclocking". The maximum speed supported as stock on these CPUs is DDR3-1866 with one dimm per channel.

Please follow the changes set out in the guides. Test each slot at DDR3-133 to see which slot isn't picking up. Then make the timing changes in the guides and see if that helps.

Report back after you have tried that please.

-Raja

vmmj1979
Level 7

vmmj1979
Level 7
I think I've tried it as per the guide as best as I could, but no luck. The MB still only reads 16GB of the 32. I think I'll just return the items.

vmmj1979
Level 7
You think slots b1 and d1 are damaged, being they read "abnormal"?

Raja
Level 13
If they are not doing that at stock settings (at DDR3-1333) then there is nothing wrong with the slots. If it happens at DDR3-1333 as well, then check the CPU socket for bent pins.