cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU_LED flashing

Retired
Not applicable
Since yesterday my computer won’t boot up,
I get the CPU_LED shining from the motherboard status led´s, I have removed 1 gfx card and 3 sticks of RAM but still it won’t boot.

Neither of the on/off or the reset button is working when the led is shining

The BIOS is 0705 and I have the 1 stick of RAM in the slot next to the CPU.

I am currently running stock nothing OC but fixed VRAM voltage at 1.5000, the machine has been running fine for the last 3 weeks but gave up on me Saturday.
What more can I do? The whole computer is no more than 3 weeks old.

Regards
8 REPLIES 8

Cyrekk
Level 10
Re-seat the CPU. If that doesn't work then it looks as if either your CPU or mobo may have kicked the bucket. I would RMA as the only other explanation 3 weeks in w/o OC would have to be faulty hardware. I assume you aren't posting and that it's the QLED that's on?
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
Pit Boss wrote:
Since yesterday my computer won’t boot up,
I get the CPU_LED shining from the motherboard status led´s, I have removed 1 gfx card and 3 sticks of RAM but still it won’t boot.

Neither of the on/off or the reset button is working when the led is shining

The BIOS is 0705 and I have the 1 stick of RAM in the slot next to the CPU.

I am currently running stock nothing OC but fixed VRAM voltage at 1.5000, the machine has been running fine for the last 3 weeks but gave up on me Saturday.
What more can I do? The whole computer is no more than 3 weeks old.

Regards

Is it POSTing or not? Unless I read that wrong some of it sounds like you were able to get into the BIOS or you set the RAM voltage way back when it worked? I would suggest trying to re-seat the CPU as Cyrekk said and maybe try clearing the CMOS if the first step doesn't work. If you have either a spare CPU or MOBO that is compatible with the other I would try that to narrowing which component is bad.

Also stupid question anything change from before to after it wouldn't start? You said you removed one GFX card but did you then switch them out and try the other card? I know it says CPU but I've seen some odd things with this board already lol. Also do you have ROG Connect setup? It can tell you what step it gets stuck on during POST. Thought I am fairly certain its the CPU. Just trying to give some extra troubleshooting steps if you haven't tried anything else.

Retired
Not applicable
It won´t post, it fires up the fans and I get some green LED´s but that’s about all.
I set the VRAM voltage way back when it did work, removing the RAM and gfx card was done after the rig stopped working, as a way to check for other faulty hardware.
I have done no changes to the hardware, it has been the same as from when I put it together
I have tried to reset the BIOS using the button one the back, but without any luck, I will try re-seating the CPU and using the onboard jumper to clear BIOS.
I will talk to the shop who sold me the hardware and see if I can get the Bulldozer instead if the CPU is broken.

Regards

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome PitBoss to the ROG Member Forum.........
Super Nice Rig....yum.

Yes, to all the above........ I would only add one
other item to place in question...power supply...one never knows.

Leaving as above...cpu or MB....Best of Luck...we will be here.
Glad you are too.c.

Retired
Not applicable
And the rig works!
I re-seated the CPU and clear´d BIOS using the onboard jumper, for now it works.
Don´t know what did the trick.

Regards

Pit Boss wrote:
And the rig works!
I re-seated the CPU and clear´d BIOS using the onboard jumper, for now it works.
Don´t know what did the trick.

Regards

What cooler are you using? It is possible for a large/heavy cooler if not mounted securely enough to pull the proc and mess the seating. Other than that I cannot see any other reason for you to have needed a re-seat. In any case, I am glad it worked out for you!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the ROG forums (before chrsplmr backhands me).
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Retired
Not applicable
I´m using the Corsair H 100 liquidcooler, which performs well, i don´t think it would be so heavy that i should be abel to move the CPU out of it´s place, but you never know.

What i do know is that i will be returning to the forum, there is som much to read about here.

Regards

Cyrekk
Level 10
Good times. Also, I agree, the H100 is unlikely to do anything like that. That is of course unless the tubes are contorted in such a way as to apply pull on the socket... In any case, everything is working good now and that is what's most important!
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS