cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion Box

IM2L844
Level 12
The other day I was looking at one of Asus's pages for one of their motherboards and in the picture relative to the USB BIOS Flashback feature there was the image of a red USB stick that was branded with "Republic of Gamers". Well, that got me thinking...

I want one, but more than that. I wondered why ASUS doesn't leverage the 110,000 members of these forums for their opinions and ideas in a more specified way. Some of them are bound to have good ones from time to time. I suspeect most of them have the "Receive Email from Administrators" option enabled in their profile's General Settings, as I do. If nothing else, polls could be used to leverage them as a huge ready-made impromptu focus group that is largely well informed. Not only would Asus/ROG likely get some insightful and useful feedback, the membership would probably feel some degree of appreciation just for being asked their opinion.

Anyway, my first suggestion would be to establish a suggestion box sticky somewhere, not only for site feedback but for ROG R&D as well.

Now, for my second suggestion, back to the ROG branded USB flash drive. Asus could have 10,000 ROG Logo branded 1GB USB flash drives manufactured for next to nothing and include them with their ROG motherboard packages for use with the BIOS Flashback feature. I think it would be a marketing winner. ROI would be appreciable while the necessary increase to price points would be pragmatically negligible. Just thought I would run that by Yu.
19 REPLIES 19

X-ROG
Level 15
We will take suggestions anywhere! We read many tech forums - including this one obviously - media reviews, eshop comments, service reports etc. When we say we take feedback we really do - there's whole PDFs dedicated to breakdowns that go around. We obviously can't read every thread but we weigh the number of similar thoughts, rather than take every reply or it would be crazy. There's hundreds of thousands of ideas. If you have a burning suggestions just drop one here!

As for the USB drive - we've thought about it but we felt it costs too much sorry for a decent one. The cheap-****ty ones are far more prone to failure than DVDs (for putting drivers on for example) and the read/write speeds are veryyyy slow, plus the cost of flash goes up and down a lot. Most people have USB drives already, anyway. If you come to one of our events we'll usually give them out then instead. 🙂

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
I'd love to get my hands on a ROG Lanyard :cool:

We will definitely have ROG USB keys and lanyards given out at our press conference this year. It's just posting them is more expensive than making them. One downfall of the internet is we haven't invented instant, cheap teleportation of small inanimate objects yet.

meankeys
Level 13
An eshop full of ROG stuff would be cool.

meankeys wrote:

Doesn't work on a global scale. Needs distribution and contracts with each country etcetc. If we send from Taiwan, you'd have to RMA to Taiwan as each regional team doesn't have every product.

kkn
Level 14
*bribe's marshall*

IM2L844
Level 12

Now, there's a good idea.

One downfall of the internet is we haven't invented instant, cheap teleportation of small inanimate objects yet.

Just send me the STL file for my 3-D printer. 😛

IM2L844
Level 12
If we send from Taiwan, you'd have to RMA to Taiwan as each regional team doesn't have every product.

I thought he was just talking about trinkets and bobbles...lanyards, t-shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs...you know, gift shop stuff; no RMA required.