cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75V "Beep-outs"

The_Last_Melody
Level 7
Yeah, my G75V laptop may suddenly start making beeping sounds whenver I am typing, just started the machine or I am playing games. Suddenly, the computer will start making beeping sounds whenever I press a key instead of inputting the letter/command. If I try to move my mouse, it will beep whenever the frames on the screen updates the mouse location.

What the heck is this? Tried to google but found nothing.
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
hmm, haven't heard of this one before? sounds as if you may have some virus or malware going on some sort?
You could uninstall the ATK package, your mouse driver the track pad drivers. Then reinstall them or the newest version of these drivers!
you'll find the latest driver here at Asus Support Downloads let us know if anything works?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

I am pretty sure it's not a virus and Malwarebytes scan gives me nothing. What is the ATK package? I should mention that I use a mouse connected with USB, not the trackpad. Should I try to reinstall keyboard drivers too? Uninstalling ATK now.

EDIT:
It used to be more common, but after I uninstalled the utility giving my keyboard backlight, it seemingly disappeared. But it's back now.

EDIT2:
Un- and reinstallation complete, will have to see if the issue returns.

The_Last_Melody
Level 7
Nope, did all you said but issue remains.

Well you have no Virus or malware, all your drivers are working correctly. You have eliminated all but Hardware.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

The_Last_Melody
Level 7
But the issue solved itself after uninstalling the keyboard backlight driver/utility/thing for several months. Also, it usually happens when I am running some kind of HDD read/write heavy stuff (copy/paste files) and CPU heavy things (multiple games at once, etc etc) or the first 2 minutes after login.