cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Randomly Turns ON

Armando_Ferreir
Level 7
After updating to BIOS 0602 I've noticed that my computer randomly turns ON. I've already checked to make sure WOL is off including in the BIOS (PCI Power OFF). I've also messed with the power options in Windows, which shouldn't really have anything to do with it since I don't believe it's software base. Anyone else experience this or have any ideas what It could be?

The weird part is that it only happens the first time I boot up and shut down. When it randomly turns ON and I shut it down, it doesn't do it again.

Rampage Black Edition
8 REPLIES 8

Counteragent
Level 8
Hi,

Are you using Wireless Mouse / Keyboard?

If so try going into Device Manager and maybe going to the USB root HUB I think it is, and turning off *Allow this device to power the PC*.. something like that anyways.
MB: ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Edition
RAM: Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2800MHz
PSU: Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX Modular
GFX: 3 x EVGA GTX Titan Black Superclocked 6GB
SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 Pro Series 512Gb SSD Raid 0
HDD: 2 x WD4003FZEX WD Black 4TB Raid 0
1234;
2 x WD1000DHTZ WD VelociRaptor 1TB Raid 0
MON: Dell Ultra Sharp 32 Ultra HD Monitor - UP3214Q
CASE: Silverstone Temjin TJ11 Black with Window Case

Counteragent wrote:
Hi,

Are you using Wireless Mouse / Keyboard?

If so try going into Device Manager and maybe going to the USB root HUB I think it is, and turning off *Allow this device to power the PC*.. something like that anyways.

No Wireless Mouse or Keyboard. I did go into the power management for both the keyboard and mouse. It had an option for "Allow this device to wake the computer". My only issue with disabling this for the mouse and keyboard is that I wouldn't be able to wake my computer with my mouse or keyboard. I guess I could use the power button on the computer to do that, but i'ts nice to just wiggle the mouse to wake it up.

Thanks for the advice, I may disable this for now to see if maybe that is the problem? I feel like I've tried everything, I'm almost certain it's a BIOS bug. Anyone else on the same version experiencing this?

May I ask if u are using steelseries mouse? Or keyboard?

Using Razer Mouse and Razer Blackwidow Keyboard.

Alaxang
Level 7
Ic, I had experience with steelseries Raw mouse driver causing my rig to boot up when I shut it down. After I uninstall the driver, the issue no longer happens.

There is a problem with it randomly waking up in sleep mode, but never when it is 'shut down' or tuned off.

To turn on in an off state, almost always requires a physical short on the power jumper on the board. The only exception is if Wake on LAN (WOL) is enabled in BIOS, and a magic packet is sent to your computer.

Armando_Ferreir
Level 7
I just updated to the latest BIOS that was released a few days ago, problem is now fixed!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you for the update and enjoy your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.