cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulldozer Fx-8150 trounced by Core i5 will be all over the news 12 oct

FiNAS
Level 10
Really sad indeed. Obrovsky was right. If only we had listened to him!

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=352045

Reviews of the cpu will go live on all major sites on 12 Oct.

edit: title should read core i7 and not core i5. With core i5 trouncing will be lower.
101 REPLIES 101

chrsplmr
Level 18
Well then only one more day to revel in the Fact that AMD FX (It was really Chew) SMASHED the World OC Record....sigh !!!

Why would there be glee in FX performing poorly...so the Intel guys can keep paying overblown prices and other bullying?
Bragging rights? The NanoSecond/$$$/Fun Ratio is skewed..dont ya think?
The bottom line here is without real competition there is no progress...not fast...it is driven by a competitive economy.
No need to release stronger, faster, smarter if you got the best game in town that is already commanding a premium profit.
I hope this is a bias fluke and Intel has to scramble. I hope they go after each other and trade placing 10 or 15 times
in the next 2years. Otherwise the Intel cpu's that are already on the board wont see the light of day for maybe 5 years.
Not to mention, getting them off their pedistal and back in the development lab. Both camps win, and imagine the ROG then.

I will stick with the underdog..AMD...they are chasing the dream...Intel? Milking it.
And when I do buy Intel..it will be because of a ROG board, not Intel.
In the release it wont be the FX getting trounced you will be reading about, it will be the Intel enthusiasts wallet.

Sorry if this sounds like sour grapes, its not.
Bring on those fire breathing, turbocharged, nitros injecting rocketships....set it right on my desk next to
my 70 dodge power wagon (the humble AMD)......Lets ROG....Your go'n in the ditch !!! hahahahahahaaa.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
Well then only one more day to revel in the Fact that AMD FX (It was really Chew) SMASHED the World OC Record....sigh !!!

Why would there be glee in FX performing poorly...so the Intel guys can keep paying overblown prices and other bullying?
Bragging rights? The NanoSecond/$$$/Fun Ratio is skewed..dont ya think?
The bottom line here is without real competition there is no progress...not fast...it is driven by a competitive economy.
No need to release stronger, faster, smarter if you got the best game in town that is already commanding a premium profit.
I hope this is a bias fluke and Intel has to scramble. I hope they go after each other and trade placing 10 or 15 times
in the next 2years. Otherwise the Intel cpu's that are already on the board wont see the light of day for maybe 5 years.
Not to mention, getting them off their pedistal and back in the development lab. Both camps win, and imagine the ROG then.

I will stick with the underdog..AMD...they are chasing the dream...Intel? Milking it.
And when I do buy Intel..it will be because of a ROG board, not Intel.
In the release it wont be the FX getting trounced you will be reading about, it will be the Intel enthusiasts wallet.

Sorry if this sounds like sour grapes, its not.
Bring on those fire breathing, turbocharged, nitros injecting rocketships....set it right on my desk next to
my 70 dodge power wagon (the humble AMD)......Lets ROG....Your go'n in the ditch !!! hahahahahahaaa.c.

I couldn"t of said it any better chris ,,,,,I will always stick with AMD.

Thank You...

Retired
Not applicable
I'll wait for more reviews to come in and not base anything off of one persons experience. Even if it does under perform I'll be buying it anyway lol

FiNAS
Level 10
Actually, I also feel like you, the problem here is that AMD had four years to design a better chip and was unable to do so. So the future for me, an AMD enthusiast is bleak, to say the least.
Regarding intel enthusiasts walltet's, they can choose a better performing chip ( i5 ) for a lesser price than the FX-8150, or they can burn their wallet on the top i7. They can choose, we can't. And I like to be able to choose.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Look at the sig of the original poster, he's running a Q9650 and an older DDR2 Intel board.

The person is living in the Stone Age, I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith into what he's preaching.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Look at the sig of the original poster, he's running a Q9650 and an older DDR2 Intel board.

The person is living in the Stone Age, I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith into what he's preaching.

The original poster made a copy paste from a respected romanian website. the original source is here:
http://lab501.ro/procesoare-chipseturi/amd-fx-8150-bulldozer-preview

chrsplmr
Level 18
Agreed...choice would be nice...they can have the i5 though.
And what exactly can they do, that we cant? Numbers? What about the game?
Does it run better?
Its never the car, its the driver brother.
But you are right on point.

Hahahhaha...speaking of choice....ROG AMD GENE? hehehee

Cyrekk
Level 10
Wait until the 12th boys, then we can see the full review in English and actually understand the test setup. Either way everyone has their own reasons for going with either AMD or Intel so I highly doubt there will be a huge difference in the end. Fact of the matter is that fanboyism for either platform makes no sense. At the end of the day there will be wins and losses on both sides. There always has been, and there always will be.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS