Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with asus front bases and maximus vii hero firmware

folkzz
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I have problems with the firmware upgrade on asus Front bases,

it is not detected by my motherboard asus maximus vii hero, I followed this tutorial

http://rog.asus.com/317732014/maximus-motherboards/front-base-upgrade-guide-for-maximus-vii-motherbo...

But even after that its still not working.

Could you help me please.
78 REPLIES 78

I also have problems with Front Base, updated BIOS to 0508, FW in my Front Base is V40, it shows some info, but I cannot change any settings with Front base, neither the volume, OC, fan speeds nor the EQ.
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M

Raja
Level 13
Check if MEI driver is installed. If that does not help, contact ASUS service in EU.

Thank you Raja, I will try that as soon as I get home.
If it works, its gonna be cool, I hate when something doesn't work properly. Next thing will be to figure out why AI Suit doesn't control my DC fan in CHA1 header and after that I will be able to sleep well 🙂
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M

Raja
Level 13
Which fan make and model is it?

folkzz
Level 7
it still does not work I do as was writting on the link you gave me.

Here is a screenshot and after reboot my screen of asus are bases and black.

http://hpics.li/020f16f

The firmware links provided appear to be for the "OC Panel" are they the same for the Front Base? I am having similar issues. I have the latest bios update but I cannot find a link to update the firmware for the front base to V40. On the front base support page it only gives links to V36.

InToSSH
Level 7
Well, I have to say that I also haven't solved this problem yet. My Front Base came already with V40 firmware (or at least it says that on the back of the Base, on a sticker) I tried to find out the FW version holding the knob for 5 seconds, but it didn't work. I checked that the MEI is installed, the BIOS is flashed, Audio drivers updated to new version and driver for Base is installed. I can read the fan speeds, clock and temps from the Front Base, but it won't set anything back to PC, no OC, speeds, EQ.
Could anyone please provide the V40 updated for Front Base so I can try to reflash it?
Thanks.

EDIT: I contacted our Czech ASUS Support and they didn't tell my anything new, just to flash the BIOS to new version and install drivers, then they suggested to send it back to seller, but now as I see that I am not only one who has this problem, I will wait a while, if there is some possibility to fix this with some SW update.

EDIT2: I just checked the product page of Front Base (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/) and at the bottom there is compatibility list, it says that with VII Hero its compatible with Driver V1.01.01 or Later but on the download page there is only ROG Front Base V1.00.10 that might also be the problem.

InToSSH wrote:
My Front Base came already with V40 firmware (or at least it says that on the back of the Base, on a sticker) I tried to find out the FW version holding the knob for 5 seconds, but it didn't work.

Checking the firmware only works for me if my comp is in sleep mode. (try holding the button while computer is asleep)