cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Front Base Drivers

InToSSH
Level 7
Hello,
I have bought the ROG Front Base and it came with no CD/DVD with drivers. In the box there is a piece of paper saying to download the drivers before using it from Asus page, but when I try to open the address it say Page not found. It doesn't work neither on official website, nor our local Czech website. It should be the newer version with sticker compatible with Z97 MBs. Could anyone please tell me where to download the driver? I am trying to open this address: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk/
Thank you.
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M
7 REPLIES 7

InToSSH
Level 7
Well.. After looking for the drivers for an hour, I was trying to download latest drivers for my Maximus VII Hero, and I have noticed that the end of the link is /HelpDesk/ but directly for the download it is /HelpDesk_Download/ so I tried the same for the Front Base and it worked, so there seems to be some problem with Asus web. So if anyone is looking for the same, here is the link which works: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk_Download/
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M

What does the little piece of paper say exactly, I can't find mine.... Is it saying to install drivers from the supplied disc and then update drivers through the website?

Thanks,

Jim
CPU: i7-4770K | GPU: Asus ROG MARS Geforce 760 x2 | Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Extreme | RAM: Corsair Vengance Pro 16gb 2400 MHZ | SSD x2: Samsung 500gb & 120gb | Optical Drive: Pioneer Blu-Ray Burner | CPU Cooler: Corsair Liquid H100i | PSU: Corsair AX 760i | Front Panel: Asus ROG Dual-Bay Gaming Panel | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper | Monitor: ASUS VE278Q

JimFed wrote:
What does the little piece of paper say exactly, I can't find mine.... Is it saying to install drivers from the supplied disc and then update drivers through the website?

Thanks,

Jim

This is the paper I was talking about, I got no CD.

InToSSH, or anyone else, how were you able to install the drivers? When installshield comes up, it gives me this error: "Please connect the ROG Front Base for firmware and software installation or update". I have the V40 update installed and my motherboard bios is 0904 for the VII Hero.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Was having the same problem "Please connect the ROG Front Base for firmware and software installation or update." until I discovered this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Vk9lPuJbk. Basically unplug the front base from the motherboard, plug it into the USB, THEN run the driver install. After that you can plug it back into the motherboard and it will work. Rather ridiculous that I had to rely on youtube for how to install the front base instead of ASUS.

no windows 10 drivers for rog front base?
help pls

calanok
Level 7
hi can anyone help i have just purchased a rog front base and there was no instalation disk so i cannot install it to my computer properly my email address is craigpss@Aol.com if anyone knows how to help
thanks craig