cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling The G750JW Subwoofer

Hitchy
Level 7
Hello guys,

I ve got the Asus G750JW and i wanted to know if there is anyway to deactivate the subwoofer which is located under the laptop. I mean by that only deactivating the woofer (using a setting under windows) but keep the standard speakers going!

The main reason is that starting for a volume level of 70% I noticed that on some Loud Bass the Subwoofer goes like ZZZZZZ (i dont know how to describe) and the sound experience becomes bad... I don t know if u have the same problem but i think that mine is deteriorated.

Thank you for ur feed backs
11 REPLIES 11

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
No, there is no way to deactivate it. As far as I know, the sub is not a "dedicated" speaker, and is instead a speaker employing a low pass filter.

Can you tell whether what you're hearing is vibration or distortion?

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Asus_Man
Level 7
You can do that ! Just right click the speaker icon in the taskbar and click on "playback devices". on the "playback" tab right click "speakers" and choose "properties". go to "levels" tab and there you will see the "internal subwoofer" with a slider. move that slider to "0" and you are good to go.

hmscott
Level 12
Hitchy wrote:
Hello guys,
I ve got the Asus G750JW and i wanted to know if there is anyway to deactivate the subwoofer which is located under the laptop. I mean by that only deactivating the woofer (using a setting under windows) but keep the standard speakers going!
The main reason is that starting for a volume level of 70% I noticed that on some Loud Bass the Subwoofer goes like ZZZZZZ (i dont know how to describe) and the sound experience becomes bad... I don t know if u have the same problem but i think that mine is deteriorated.
Thank you for ur feed backs

While there isn't a subwoofer disable switch per se, you could change the Configuration option to set the Front Speakers to Full Range, that should stop low frequency signal from being sent to the Sub - I don't know how effective that will be for you, but it is worth a try.

Axel92
Level 7
I have this in my settings page

Axel92 wrote:
I have this in my settings page...

Axel92, you need to feed the low frequencies to the "front" speakers first, so that you don't lose audio - after that, if there is any sound coming out of the subwoofer, sliding to zero should silence it completely. I am hoping when he enabled Full Range audio to the front speakers it will stop the audio to the subwoofer without touching the level setting.

Here it is in English (tabs)

Hitchy
Level 7
WOW thank you so much guys for ur support i rapidely tested the solution Axel92 and Asus Man proposed and it s already better 🙂 I diminuished the Subwoofer level to 75% and now i can go beyond 85% general volume level without any distortion in the Bass (ZZZzzzZZZ)

I also set the full range speakers option (but honestly i didn t notice much difference with it the subwoofer is still working).

Truely Asus community rocks 😉

Hitchy wrote:
WOW thank you so much guys for ur support i rapidely tested the solution Axel92 and Asus Man proposed and it s already better 🙂 I diminuished the Subwoofer level to 75% and now i can go beyond 85% general volume level without any distortion in the Bass (ZZZzzzZZZ)

I also set the full range speakers option (but honestly i didn t notice much difference with it the subwoofer is still working).

Truely Asus community rocks 😉

Hitchy, are you using ROG Audio Wizard? You can control the sound there too, and sound shaping through those options helps make the sound richer and more balanced. If you haven't gone into the wizard it might still be involved and the MaxxBass is set too high in the default option. You can also select the OFF template 🙂

You get into the settings by starting the Realtek HD Audio Manager, Speakers tab, AudioWizard tab, then Launch the Audio Wizard control panel, select the template - then click the obscure looking Gear icon on the top right to get the main knobs / sliders settings control panel. You can adjust the MaxxBass MaxxTreble, and use the sliders on the bottom to shape the Audio.

I would set the subwoofer volume slider back to 100%, and adjust the Bass from the MaxxAudio control panel.

tx hmscott,

In fact i m already using the MaXXaudio wizard and as u can see in the attach the Bass is at minimum.

As already said unfortunately i m pretty sure my Subwoofer is phisically disfunctionnal but tx to ur advices i managed to tweek it by lowering its level to 70% which supressed the ZZZZ sound from loud Bass but without compromising too much the sound experience!

Hitchy wrote:
tx hmscott,

In fact i m already using the MaXXaudio wizard and as u can see in the attach the Bass is at minimum.

As already said unfortunately i m pretty sure my Subwoofer is phisically disfunctionnal but tx to ur advices i managed to tweek it by lowering its level to 70% which supressed the ZZZZ sound from loud Bass but without compromising too much the sound experience!

Hitchy, that's odd, turning down the MaxxBass that far should have been enough... although I do see the lowest frequency slider is up a tad.

What about Loudness? Do you have that enabled here?

Or here?