cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI audio problem using Intel HD 4600 question

Luigi408
Level 7
Hi all,

First post here. I recently got an Impact board (first Asus board since nforce motherboards back in the day. Was so unhappy with that board I never bought another Asus till now). Anyways, I'm loving my new board but I am having an issue with the HDMI audio dropping off. This is a bug that Intel has identified and has provided a fix the all the OEMs to implement it on the BIOS. This is very critical for me because my Impact board is my HTPC (Windows Media Center) and gaming HTPC. The audio drop off is very annoying and I have to reboot the system to get the audio back on the HDMI.

As I said, Intel has provided the fix to all OEM and was wondering when Asus will implement this fix on the Impact and other Z87 boards?

Here is the link to the problem on Intel site and the post from Intel employee saying that Intel has already provided the fix (Gigabyte already has a new bios in the works). https://communities.intel.com/thread/46092?start=270&tstart=0

Thank you,

-Luis
6 REPLIES 6

clubfoot
Level 7
Not sure if this will fix it but there is a new BIOS out for our boards.
The Asus Maximus VI Hero Club

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO, i4770K@4.5, Corsair H100i, 16G G.Skill Trident X @2400, MSI7950 xFire, C: Samsung EVO 250G SSD RAID0, BenQ XL2420Z, LG BD burner, Corsair RM1000i, Antec DF-85.

Yes. Just saw it. Thank you. Hopefully the Intel fix provided to Asus by Intel themselves is on this BIOS. Will try it out.

The Intel fix that they provided wasn't added to the latest BIOS. My HDMI keeps losing it's audio to my receiver. This is the fix but Asus hasn't implemented it. Who do you contact from Asus to get help on this? I haven't had Asus for many years so I'm not sure. I use Evga usually and I can contact them through twitter easy if I have suggestion or problems.

marrr
Level 7
I hope they fix this because I plan on buying an ASUS board for a htpc that I'm building. I might have to hold off now.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Will bump this up to the bios engineers for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Luigi408
Level 7
Wow I appreciate it. Thank you. This bug is driving me nuts. Very important fix. Please if you get info when this bug fix will be implimented on the bios let us know. Thank you again.