cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code FE on Maximus Gene VII

hotblonc
Level 7
Help!

I just built a system and everytime I boot, I get the error code 13 then 15 then FE that stays on the whole time.
Specs:
I5-4670k
Corsair Vengeance 8GBx2 1866mhz RAM
Corsair H110 Liquid Cooling
EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX
Corsair AX860
Seagate Hybrid 1TB 6GB
Sandisk 256 GB SSD

The UEFI bios doesnt not appear with an hdmi cable that I know works.

Please help!!!!
5 REPLIES 5

Sabishii_Hito
Level 7
When I've gotten code FE it was because I didn't have the RAM properly seated in the DIMM slots, which for whatever reason seems easier to miss on this board. A long shot, but worth a look.

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, hotblonc.

Try loosening the screws for the H110 a little. And verify that each memory module is seated correctly. Push them down until you hear a click sound.

jlmiranda
Level 7
I have a similar problem I'm getting a Q-Code 55. I try changing the memory module. I have taken the entire setup apart and reinstall twice already. I took the H110 complete out. Any ideas out there. I actually got a Corsair 1600 Mhz memory module because I thought it was the speed of the memory. I'm using a i7-4790K.

Oridiian
Level 7
For anyone else that comes across this problem, I just built a new system with the Maximus VIII Gene and got the "EF" error code on boot. I found this thread, and sure enough - the memory was the issue. I hadn't seated the modules properly, removing and re-seating them (being sure to press each end until I heard an audible click) solved the problem.

Thanks to the OP and Sabishii for the solution ^_^

extr3me
Level 7
I had faced exactly the same issue while I was building my pc. I reseated the RAMs , replugged the PSU 8 pin connectors, removed and installed the CMOS battery chip and it worked. 😉