cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G46VW screen upgrade/replacement

aramt
Level 7
Hi ROG fans,

I bought G46VW laptop with core i7 and 1600x900 screen build-in.
It is probably the second edition of the laptop with eDP 40 pins LCD connector.
I love my laptop for its computational power, silent fans, cool temperature even in hot climate.
It has the best keyboard I ever experience. It is perfect for fast typer programmer.

However the screen quality is very poor. Some colors are very bad even for text editing.
Do we have an option to install a good quality screen with good colors?

I am ready to pay much money for that since good screen will make this laptop perfect for me.

Thanks,
Aram
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
I would check in the Custom Asus Suppliers they all have several to choose from,
might give you an idea which ones are suitable.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Djask
Level 7
I bought mine with the 1366x768 screen and it was absolutely horrible. The best screen upgrade I could find was from HIDEvolution, and I am pretty sure that those screens (1080p BTW) were ripped from the Alienware 14 models. But needless to say, I am quite satisfied with the quality of the display, and would reccomend it to you if they were still available, which, a few minutes ago, i checked was not available on the website. You could try searching around. I am certain that that is the only 1080p screen compatible with this laptop. If you are looking for a better 900p screen however, I'm pretty sure there aren't any better ones.
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate