cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Intall issue G75VW

jah0708
Level 7
Hello all,

Normally I would swallow pride and spend the money to get this fixed by ASUS, but I cant be without my computer for another month so I am hoping one of you true techies out there can lend a helping hand and save me some time and money.

I recently bought a Samsung 840 EVO SSD to coexist with my current hard drive for my G75VW. I attempted the data migration with the Samsung software and all seemed to work. When I switched over the boot option to the new SSD, again, all seemed to be ok. Now heres where it gets dicey.

I reformatted the HDD after changing over the boot option to the SSD, and everything seemed to shut down. Now I cant even get into the computer to figure out how to restore(not that I have a restore point anyway, I literally just got this back from ASUS today for the same problem). The only difference this time, is that I haven't deleted the migration off of my SSD yet.

I have the SSD plugged into my other computer via a SATA cable and I can see all of the contents of the Windows OS, but for some reason, it isn't booting properly. I would be happy to open up a GoToMeeting with anyone that can offer some insight on what is happening here. Please, I say again, PLEASE someone save my butt here and tell me this is salvageable.

-Jonny
4 REPLIES 4

rewben
Level 13
have you tried to go into the bios, and checked if the boot order was correct?

do you have a windows installation media that is bootable? (preferably the version that match your current OS) if you don't you might need one.

@rewben Thank you for your reply. I have checked the BIOS and boot order, everything looks correct. I even removed the HDD to make sure it was booting off of the SSD. Unfortunately, I do not have a bootable disk, It came preinstalled with Windows on the hard drive.

I am getting a new issue now. Looks like this

efi\microsoft\boot\bcd

error code: 0xc000000f

Any ideas?

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Have you tried spamming the F11 key at power on to enter the "advanced options menu"? (start spam right as you hit power)
(will bring to this screen below)
Then click on "automatic repair", hopefully that should fix your issue.

PS: Hope this helps you my friend?
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

jah0708
Level 7
I tried that. I eventually had to break down and send it in. I tried everything me and my gaming buddies knew to do. Thank you for the reply.