Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array ZiggZagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    58

    Where to find ethernet controller driver/download???

    Hi folks.... I need to find the correct driver for the ethernet card on my g750jx-rb71. I can't seem to locate it. I searched the forum and only came up with links for WINDOWS 8.1 drivers , I have 8.0 and didn't know if 8.1 drivers would work. Please point me in the right direction... if there is one.

    Thanks

    ZZ
    G750jx-RB71

  2. #2
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    171

    Here you go... for some reason it wont let me copy links from browser on the asus site.. i uploaded the correct lan driver for your laptop for windows 8.0 onto my home server...

    http://ab-hosting.net/LAN_Atheros_Win8_64_VER21017.zip

    HMSCOTT if you could since it doesn't for some reason work in my browser copy the links i'd appreciate it
    Last edited by HomieOC; 06-03-2014 at 06:36 AM.

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    5,357

    Quote Originally Posted by HomieOC View Post
    Here you go... for some reason it wont let me copy links from browser on the asus site.. i uploaded the correct lan driver for your laptop for windows 8.0 onto my home server...

    http://ab-hosting.net/LAN_Atheros_Win8_64_VER21017.zip

    HMSCOTT if you could since it doesn't for some reason work in my browser copy the links i'd appreciate it
    Homie, I can, but try another browser - which one are you using?

    One trick, download the file, open the downloads list, then right click on the download - select properties, and copy the download link

    Also, although it's cool that you are hosting Asus stuff from another site, it confuses things in that it is a version frozen in time, unless you keep updating the file at the end of the link - bu since the version number is in the name, that will really get confusing unless you update the post as well.

    It's best to find a source site like Asus laptop specific first, then the central site at Asus for all Notebook Wifi drivers, then the OEM site that provided the hardware last.

    It makes sense after a while...

  4. #4
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    171

    Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Homie, I can, but try another browser - which one are you using?

    One trick, download the file, open the downloads list, then right click on the download - select properties, and copy the download link

    Also, although it's cool that you are hosting Asus stuff from another site, it confuses things in that it is a version frozen in time, unless you keep updating the file at the end of the link - bu since the version number is in the name, that will really get confusing unless you update the post as well.

    It's best to find a source site like Asus laptop specific first, then the central site at Asus for all Notebook Wifi drivers, then the OEM site that provided the hardware last.

    It makes sense after a while...
    Yeah, doesn;t work ive tried with firefox and internet explorer. lol

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    5,357

    Quote Originally Posted by HomieOC View Post
    Yeah, doesn;t work ive tried with firefox and internet explorer. lol
    What do you see when, in Firefox, you go to the Tools => Downloads, and right click on a download, what do you get when you paste after selecting Copy Download Link? You should get the download URL, which can be posted and used by anyone to download that exact file.
    Last edited by hmscott; 06-03-2014 at 07:27 AM.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    5,357

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggZagg View Post
    Hi folks.... I need to find the correct driver for the ethernet card on my g750jx-rb71. I can't seem to locate it. I searched the forum and only came up with links for WINDOWS 8.1 drivers , I have 8.0 and didn't know if 8.1 drivers would work. Please point me in the right direction... if there is one. Thanks ZZ
    ZZ, you can use the Windows 8.1 drivers on Windows 8

    You might consider upgrading to Windows 8.1, and updating all the drivers to the latest Windows 8.1 versions. Windows 8.1 is stable on the JX, along with the latest Nvidia 337.88 driver you will be totally up to date.

    Here are links and suggestion on updating before upgrading to Windows 8.1

    Don't forget to do an Asus Backtracker backup of the recovery partition to a fast 16GB USB 3.0 flash drive - you want to have that as a safety net in case you need to restore/recover back to the out of the box configuration. It will only backup the Windows 8.0 recovery partition, but it is better than nothing.

    Do Windows 8 updates first, Microsoft Store Windows 8.1 upgrade, Windows 8.1 updates, Windows 8.1 driver updates, and the latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia's site, right now 337.88.

    G750 support areas - The JM download area has the latest of all the G750, with JS/JZ next:
    http://support.asus.com/Search.aspx?...750&ps=10&pn=1

    Here is the latest Notebook Audio - for G750 => Realtek driver package Version V6.0.1.7231
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...&m=Audio&os=30

    Here are the latest Notebook Bluetooth drivers
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...=3&ft=27&os=30

    Here are the latest Notebook WLAN drivers
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...en&m=WLAN&os=3

    Here are the latest Notebook LAN drivers
    http://support.asus.com/download.asp...hashedid=n%2fa

    Here are the Asus posted VGA drivers, the JX can use the latest from Nvidia, but have this here for reference.
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...=VGA&p=3&s=111
    Last edited by hmscott; 06-03-2014 at 11:50 PM.

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array ZiggZagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    58

    WOW guys that's incredible!! I tried the first one.... it downloaded cleanly and quietly and installed the same way. Thank you both very much. I've been trying to find the correct one ever since we had new internet service started at our new home. I keep trying to figure out though if it's a decent speed or not. They say that it's 20Mb (...small "b"). Let's see is that divide by eight?

    ZZ
    G750jx-RB71

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    94

    Yes ZZ, Mb = mega bits, MB = mega bytes. One byte = 8 bits

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    5,357

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggZagg View Post
    WOW guys that's incredible!! I tried the first one.... it downloaded cleanly and quietly and installed the same way. Thank you both very much. I've been trying to find the correct one ever since we had new internet service started at our new home. I keep trying to figure out though if it's a decent speed or not. They say that it's 20Mb (...small "b"). Let's see is that divide by eight?
    ZZ
    ZZ, the JM / Notebook LAN driver download area has a slightly newer version than the one HomieOC is hosting, Version V2.1.0.21

    Try doing a run through or two at:

    http://www.speedtest.net

    or the equivalent local to your location.

  10. #10
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    171

    Was the download fast :P i have 64 mbps download and 25 mbps upload on my internet haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •