Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    No way....ASUS really have given me no reason to spend any money so far this Computex...
    Yeah. MVIIE another half a year or so sucks.

LGA 2011-3 wasn't talked about at all.
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Quote Originally Posted by kzinti1 View Post
    The MSI has all 5 PCI-E slots at 3.0 x16.
    Hello

To avoid disappointment a review of the specs may be worthwhile. The PEX 8747 is not capable of supporting 5 PCIe slots at 16x/3.0. At x16 the max usable slots are two. A maximum of four x16 slots can be used at the same time with each slot at x8.

I use at max only 2 cards in SLi, so the other 3 slots are irrelevant. Excellent onboard sound and Intel Ethernet has precluded my using the extra slots for anything at all. I checked out the Max VI Extreme and found that it's over a year old. Practically ancient. I just went to the ASUS download site and checked the date of the oldest BIOS for the Max VI. While there is a new BIOS for Devil's Canyon, a program change really doesn't update an old board very much. I think I'll just cancel my cpu pre-order and wait on X99. I don't really want to. I've found that the 1st cpu's to hit the shelf are usually the best they'll ever be. And, it's a long time until X99 and the Rampage V Extreme appear sometime next year, isn't it? Damn. I wanted an ASUS ROG board.
    My name is Legion; for we are many.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

The Formula is a very good board if you only want 2GPUs. And while it's not an out and out OCing board for LN2 enthusiasts... for most of us it will OC extremely well. Just saying...

I don't use LN2. I found an article just posted by bit-tech: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...-maximus-vii/1 That Formula is one ugly board! I think I like it. Looks like somebody took a Sabretooth and actually put some decent components in it. I haven't finished the article yet. A new ARES III? Water cooled? Why bring all this stuff out all at once? Now I don't know what to save/wait/go in debt for! I haven't even fried my ARES II yet. I guess the 1st thing I need to do is start selling off what I already have. Is E-Bay fairly safe to use again?
    My name is Legion; for we are many.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array skywalker311's Avatar

The ARES II, man I remember that one from last year. $1500 smackers for that bad boy. Now the ARES III with that killer looking EK waterblock. Plus there only going be 500 made.
    I wish I had it. I just bought the 780 Ti card and I've save up for is the
    Swift PG278Q monitor. Can't wait!
    Last edited by skywalker311; 06-03-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
    EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

If only PhysX worked with Radeon cards

I need to apply for an Asus sponsorship, ASAP. Get me an Ares III to put into a build >.<
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by kzinti1 View Post
    I use at max only 2 cards in SLi, so the other 3 slots are irrelevant. Excellent onboard sound and Intel Ethernet has precluded my using the extra slots for anything at all. I checked out the Max VI Extreme and found that it's over a year old. Practically ancient. I just went to the ASUS download site and checked the date of the oldest BIOS for the Max VI. While there is a new BIOS for Devil's Canyon, a program change really doesn't update an old board very much. I think I'll just cancel my cpu pre-order and wait on X99. I don't really want to. I've found that the 1st cpu's to hit the shelf are usually the best they'll ever be. And, it's a long time until X99 and the Rampage V Extreme appear sometime next year, isn't it? Damn. I wanted an ASUS ROG board.
    X99 is still coming in September, i'm guessing it will be announced @ IDF and all mfr's will announce their boards at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker311 View Post
    The ARES II, man I remember that one from last year. $1500 smackers for that bad boy. Now the ARES III with that killer looking EK waterblock. Plus there only going be 500 made.
    I wish I had it. I just bought the 780 Ti card and I've save up for is the
    Swift PG278Q monitor. Can't wait!
    1500 are being made dude, look at the pics again they show 1/1500 not 1/500

Edit: My apologies, I could have sworn the pics I saw said it was limited to 1500....pretty crappy that the release is only 500 this time round, not that i'll have the money any way haha.
    Last edited by Myk SilentShadow; 06-04-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2