cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Formula question

InFAMAS-ONE
Level 8
Hi!

Ok, so the wait is finally almost over, it's been unveiled at Computex! W00T!!!

I just have one question...

Did you guys put the Opt_Temp headers next to each fan header again? I was going to get a Maximus VI Formula as it had this, but by the time I could afford it, everywhere had ran out, and they weren't getting any more as the VII was just around the corner.

I know this is a minor thing, but it's going to come in really handy for my build, so I hope it's there.

Cheers 😄
11 REPLIES 11

RasmusEu
Level 7
Haven't seen the motherboard, can you provide me with a link?

Thanks.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Not had time to get on here and check it.

Here's a link about the Formula:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8080/asus-launches-new-z97-and-fm2-rog-motherboards-impact-formula-and...

Tokens210
Level 10
There's a single video on YouTube in dutch I believe, the board looks identical to the VI, so if I were to guess then yes it'll have them as well

One good thing I saw so far for all 7 boards is supposedly the fan headers are now able to do voltage control or pwm control

Only noticeable thing is the cross chill deff. has copper in it this time around

Although from what I saw the armor still has to be removed to get to the bios battery lol if that's true that's a huge Fail on Asus design team lol
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

skywalker311
Level 8
Just saw it. Looks almost like the VI. The only difference I see (looks wise) is the armor is a little different. what would be really cool is if the EK-FB Z87 waterblocks would work on the Z97. If so I'll be getting this mobo.
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

Tokens210
Level 10
Ek usually makes blocks for popular boards, since the VI had its own id be willing to bet after a bit the 7 will get some as well

The copper cross chill will make some custom loopers happier then the previous aluminum one did lol

Also looks like 2 more sata ports
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Tokens210
Level 10
Ek usually makes blocks for popular boards, since the VI had its own id be willing to bet after a bit the 7 will get some as well

The copper cross chill will make some custom loopers happier then the previous aluminum one did lol

Also looks like 2 more sata ports, although I believe there the express sata ports for the new Asus device

skywalker311
Level 8
This is the first time that I've seen the formula's (my first was a IV) look almost alike. I know that EK make different versions of the FB blocks for each MOBO. It's most likely that it is different just enough that you have to buy new FB blocks for it. lol. But if I can use the VI EK-FB VI blocks that I have then I'll do a upgrade and get this MOBO. If not then oh well.
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

Tokens210
Level 10
Oh that makes more sense lol at first when you didn't say u had them already I was thinking why buy ones for an older board instead of ones for a newer board

Lol knowing you already have the other ones makes more sense

I also just saw a partial broke down photo from jj's Asus pcdiy website, looks like the bios battery is still in the same location and the armor still needs to be removed to access it, which is bad news for custom loop ppl that actually like the armor

skywalker311
Level 8
I should have said that I had them already. I just didn't think about it. The reason is, that it in my signature. Not everyone read them after they finish reading a post. Like myself. lol.