cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions Please

Ambro789
Level 7
When summer quarter ends (5 weeks) I plan on building a new system.

Here is what I know for sure. I am going to run a g-sync monitor at 144 hz., might settle for 120 but aiming for 144. Hoping for Benq to come out.

Leaning towards the i7-4820. I do not think I care about graphics on the cpu with the Haswell cpu. I am not against the i7-4770k but I really like the Asus Black edition motherboard and the 64 meg ram. Not needed, yet. It would not shock me to see games having the ability to use 64mb or ram by late next year.

I am not planning on running 4 graphics cards, but not against 3, I run 2 now. As for overclocking, I like to have the ability, but do not care that much about it. I have a Rampage III that I O.C. once in awhile. I have had the Rampage II as well and the first one that came out. So safe to say I like the Rampage Extreme Motherboard.

From there I am open to suggestions.
2 REPLIES 2

Antronman
Level 10
RIVBE is not LGA 1150, i7-4770k does not work with it.

LGA 2011 is becoming outdated, with LGA 2011-3 which will have DDR4 memory.

Wait to see what comes from LGA 2011-3. Asus decided to put off the Maximus VII Extreme until Broadwell, which means that for around 1/2 a year, you'll be limited to dual SLI/CF.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

I read specs and forums daily and somehow I did not see the x99 wellsburg chipset. Since I cannot build until this summer quarter is over gives me time to see what washes up on shore. I cannot afford for my computer to be down while I rebuild during school.

I see you, Antroman answer posts all over the place. Thanks for the info.