cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VI Hero Audio Drivers ?

HSeldon
Level 7
Asus Hero Audio drivers has been on beta for a long time.
Can we use the drivers from Realtek site? or do they have any differences than the generic realtek chip, do we have to use the drivers from Asus site?
11 REPLIES 11

nullfie
Level 7
There is a non-beta WHQL driver ( Version 6.0.1.7218 ) released on 2014/05/16. I'm having low vol issue with this new driver, the older beta driver 6.0.1.7161 works perfectly.

Same experience with Realtek Version 6.0.1.7218.
It has low vol issue with my VI Hero.
I think they tried to correct some sound issues for hero with reducing signal level 🙂 funny..

If you don't have a chronic sound problem with your board (some boards have according to rog forum) I suggest use realtek V6.0.1.7023 asus website.it works fine with my hero.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Ditto with the low volume on 7218. Thought I was crazy. I will revert back.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

I am having the same issue with the Realtek Audio driver upgrade to 7218 and ended up rolling back to 7023. I thought these people write the best drivers??

Michelation
Level 7
Having the same issue here, low volume with 7218 asus driver. I reverted to 7023 too...

I've tested also all the new realtek drivers (provided by realtek), and the low volume is still there even in the newest 7283 (found here http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/func-startdown/783/)

I'm afraid 7023 will be the latest usable driver from asus, unless someone says that the low volume in newest drivers is intended and not a bug that affects quality.

A clarification from asus support will be much appreciated: we will be forced to stay with old drivers because all the new realtek ones are too quiet?
Is this bug experienced by other realtek chipsets, or supremefx only?

DSD27
Level 7
I have low volume with the new driver too..

HiVizMan
Level 40
if your system is working as you would expect it to work then there is no reason to update BIOS, drivers or anything like that. I am sorry that you guys have experienced issues.

Can these be resolved if you roll back driver to the ones that worked?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Michelation
Level 7
yes, it can be fixed using the old 7023 driver

But every driver starting with branded asus 7218 (and newest "vanilla" realtek ones) is useless.
I put volume up to 100% and I have a sound level on my headphones compared to 30-40% of the old drivers.

Maybe newest drivers bypass some component that boosts volume on headphones, I don't know.

😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Right thanks for the info will pass it on.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.