Casecorsair air 540 in white
    Power Supplyrosewill 1000w bronze
    Keyboard corsair k70
    Mouse r.a.t. 7
    Headset tTesports shock, white
    Mouse Pad corsiar mm200
    Headset/Speakers Creative 5.1
    OS Wiin7Pro

4-4gb sticks of corsair vengeance @1866 on xmp. never had a problem with it. not in my old rig or my new one. q code 55 refers to no memory installed. make sure your ddr's are fully seated in the motherboard. Sometimes they feel like there in but there not, especially on the hero vii board. I had to use a fair amount of force to get mine fully seated. More then I have had to use on any other mobo in the past.
    Hope this helps.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

OP have you resolved your issue? Please try to run the memtest86+ as per the guide in my sig this might shed some light as to why or what is going on with your system.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogger View Post
    I am using Kingston HyperX KHX24C11K4/16X 16gb.
    That's what I am using and having the same issue as OP. Did you do anything special or did it work from the get go? I have tried a dozen things over the last couple hours in desperate search for a solution. So far can only get 1 stick to load in far right slot (black, B2). If I put in b1 and b2 or any other combination it gives me error 55. If I put in all 4 sticks it constantly reboots. Have checked CPU pins, all good.

Ive been able to install windows 8.1 now using just the 1 stick and have installed all drivers, bios updates, etc... still same issue.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by tylerphilco87 View Post
    That's what I am using and having the same issue as OP. Did you do anything special or did it work from the get go? I have tried a dozen things over the last couple hours in desperate search for a solution. So far can only get 1 stick to load in far right slot (black, B2). If I put in b1 and b2 or any other combination it gives me error 55. If I put in all 4 sticks it constantly reboots. Have checked CPU pins, all good.

Ive been able to install windows 8.1 now using just the 1 stick and have installed all drivers, bios updates, etc... still same issue.
    Run Memtest86+ on each stick individually. Make sure you let it finish at least 1 pass.

New ROGer Array

Running memtest86+ V5.01 now. I have a hunch it will all come back clean as this RAM ran just fine on another mobo. Any other suggestions if this doesn't help?

Oh, and i'm losing my mind a little. The slot that I'm using is the far right, RED DIMM B2. Not black. I've tried each stick in each slot 1 at a time, two at a time matching colors, 2 not matching, and all 4.

1 stick in far right RED B2 boots but runs at 1600MHz by default when it should be 2400. (Manually changing it to 2400 does not help with the other 4.

Any other slot or combination of 2 produces the 55 error. All 4 will make the computer reset over and over but never post, cannot get to BIOS.
    Last edited by tylerphilco87; 08-26-2014 at 09:55 PM.

New ROGer Array

My RAM is fine. Works brilliantly on my Z77 board. Turns out its because it was designed for the Z77. Not the Z97. My ram is KHX24C11T3K4/16X. Not KHX24C11K4/16X (missing the T3)

I'm ordering new RAM

Thanks everyone for the help though.

Im having the same probmem, how do i run memtest86?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2