cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Mod Project: "Tribute to SERENITY firefly series"

MonsterMawd
Level 12

This case mod will be a tribute to the "firefly" Sci-fi series and SERENITY movie. I will draw my inspiration from interior shots of the "firefly" ship. Imagining if the PC was field equipment used by the characters. The case I'll be using is Corsair's 400R mid tower. Here is their product page, http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-400r-mid-tower-case.html

Made switch box for mounting a pair of fighter pilot toggle switches, this will be mounted on the top handle of the corsair 400R

Bending toggle switch box

Switch plates for Red Fighter Pilot Switches, http://www.mnpctech.com/spdprtToggle.html

Stay tunes, I'll be starting on the side panels and adding more features to the switch box....
95 REPLIES 95

Kipper
Level 10
Thanks for sharing Bill

xeromist
This is right up my alley. I'll be interested to see the end product!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Cyrekk
Level 10
Man, oh man oh man oh man. I am SO sub'd to this!
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

DarthBeavis
Level 9
Bill you need to slow down man . . . 😉

G4MER
Level 9
As a fan of Firefly, I will be watching this one closely.
WINNER Of: iBUYPOWER / ASUS - GAMER PALADIN Z68

CPU - 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor
MoBo - Maximus IV Extreme-Z
ODD - BLU-RAY Reader Combo Drive
PSU - 850W Extreme Gaming Series Power Supply
VGA - ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II (1 GB)
Memory - 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory – Corsair Vengeance
Audio - ASUS Xonar DX
Networking - Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card
Hard Drive - 60GB SSD SATA III 6Gb/s – Single Drive

( I WAS A G4MER, WHEN G4MING WAS UNCOOL )

Retired
Not applicable
I like where this is going

Thanks for tuning and commenting everybody! Yes, I'm juggling between projects again...lol ...in preparation for CES, January 10 -14 , and I'll be there as well, showing some of my products and previous work. So please let me know if you're attending, so I can finally meet you in person, esp you, Darth!

Ok, back to this project. Sorry! to anyone anticipating this to look like the ship, or see a model of the serenity glued on top. My tribute is inspired by visual elements from both the movie and series that appeal to me, in particular "Our Mrs reynolds" episode, which has great scenes of Serenity's bridge. (and christina hendricks) To me, the charm of the Serenity is the mixture of Old West and industrial tech, and sometimes these elements look hobbled together. You can tell the Set builders delved into Ebay for salvaged Electronic and Ham Radio parts. I also love how everything is distressed from use and weathered. The ship's control panel is a mess...lol

Yes, the circa 60s Muscle car hood scoop style panel hump is being removed.. btw: Great for cable management behind MB tray.

MonsterMawd wrote:
The ship's control panel is a mess...lol

I can already tell that it's going to be a blast "managing" the cables in such a way that is both effective but looks like messy patchwork!
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

G4MER
Level 9
Looks good, I thought you were going Bridge Style with it just from the switches. We know you do good work.. so no worries. Will be watching this one.
WINNER Of: iBUYPOWER / ASUS - GAMER PALADIN Z68

CPU - 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor
MoBo - Maximus IV Extreme-Z
ODD - BLU-RAY Reader Combo Drive
PSU - 850W Extreme Gaming Series Power Supply
VGA - ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II (1 GB)
Memory - 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory – Corsair Vengeance
Audio - ASUS Xonar DX
Networking - Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card
Hard Drive - 60GB SSD SATA III 6Gb/s – Single Drive

( I WAS A G4MER, WHEN G4MING WAS UNCOOL )