Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array MonsterMawd's Avatar

Exactly! ...did you ever see the episode "Our Mrs Reynolds?" ....Christina Hendricks sabotaged the control panel on the Bridge, the wiring was pretty bad...lol

the wire loom is too glossy, need to weather it next

Here are some misc graphics/labels designed for Serenity, these were displayed on cargo, equip or interior features of the ship. Some of these should look really cool distressed on the case.

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Wow where did you get those? I didn't even know they made Stickers!....Yes I've been a Serenity/Firefly Nut for years...!I love the sudden Chinese Slang cut ins...

screenshot taken from this PDF I found! ......wishing there was stickers

http://blog.quantummechanix.com/back...ckgrounder.pdf

found out this morning on facebook, the SKULL image, (2nd from top) states "RISK" in Arabic ....OK, I can use that one, but I need to somebody who can read Kanji! No clue what any of that says and I don't wanna insult anyone! .....I presume the show designer already thought of this...haha

Here is an outstanding deal, LCD Temp Meter with thermo sensor and Molex, $7.88 Shipped, on Ebay. and It works great, and I didn;t have to wait 6 months for it to arrive from China. It only took 1.5 weeks

Ebay Link,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-Digital-T...item415d8c76bf

Here it is, mounted on the top Power panel for this build (more pics to come), but would be easy to mount in 3.5 bay face plate.

The paint effect on this gun is pretty close to what I'm striving for on exterior....Except the case edges will expose steel.

I went over the edges of Corsair's factory "grey" finish on the panels and top cover with an orbital sander, then painted everything Flat Black, after that cures, I'll go over the surface with red Scotch brite pad, and some of the edges with 80 grit sandpaper.

for Wrinkled Metal effect, to be painted later

I just received these Firefly Coach Works name & serial plates off Ebay, here.. They're made with Black gloss and brushed aluminum vinyl.. perhaps one on back of the chassis

After paint has cured, carry handle area is scuffed to show high usage over time.., the top portion of the handle is plastic, so dabbed Aluminum Silver paint along edge, then lightly scuffed it with scotch brite pad, to create illusion of exposed steel beneath the paint...

Worked on the bezel and Mini Toggle Fan Controller faceplate today, now showing a bit of usage.... (wire bristle brush...hehe)

dabbed Aluminum Silver paint around the I/O openings, then lightly scuffed it with scotch brite pad, to create illusion of exposed steel beneath the paint...

I'm going to try printing the graphics from the Serenity PDF on adhesive printer paper.. I've pasted different sizes, I won't be using all of these, just wanted a variation for experimentation. The clarity and sharpness isn't detrimental, since the surface and edges will be weathered with airbrush, then cleared with matte clear...

Shut Up Stupid! Array DaemonCantor's Avatar

Good Idea, but how are you going to get the edges smoothed out...I've never gotten a Sticker not to look like a sticker but I've heard some people have or are you going for the sticker effect?...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast