Firstly my system specs:-

Asus RoG Rapage IV Black edition
    i7 4930k @ 4.5 ghz
    16 gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengeance Pro, 2133MHz, CAS 11-11-11-27, 1.5V
    EVGA GTX 770 SC
    Corsair Force GS 240gb
    Corsair H100i
    Corsair TX650M

To start with i am sure the H100i is not faulty, i have already returned 1 to the store, still had same problem, so i spoke to corsair and RMA the 2nd unit, they sent me a brand new H100i that they had updated the firmware on and tested before they sent it to me. The problem is that no matter what steps corsair have tried nothing seems to work. I have tried swapping the USB header it is connected to, using a Micro USB to USB and routing it to the USB slot on rear IO panel, have tried just about every version of link, nothing seems to get it detected. I have reinstalled the USB driver for my motherboard again to no avail. I have also been doing my own research on the web and have come across multiple references to AI suite not working well with Link software, but none mention what exactly the problems caused by the conflict are? Im at a loss as to what to do from here but since the H100i is not the issue i am trying to find out if it could be caused by a software issue or maybe USB issue?

ROG Enthusiast Array

You're not alone, Corsair Link has been nothing but a headache. You don't mention the OS you're using, but AFAIK most of the problems are with Win8 and higher. I strongly suggest the Corsair Link forums, where you can commiserate with others about how terrible things are. There are some guides that might help you get up and running, depending on your OS, the firmware of your H100i, and the Link software version (certain versions are required to update from certain firmware versions for example).

Right now I have my Link Commander plugged into the USB header for the ROG panel (since mine was bricked during a firmware update), and then my H100i and AX1200i plugged into the commander. After many struggles, everything works hardware wise now, but the software is still really buggy and crashes frequently.

There are also reported incompatibility issues with Link and AI Suite, for what it's worth, so you may want to uninstall AI Suite while you troubleshoot Link. For what it's worth, I pretty much gave up on Link and just used the RIVBE for fan control for my H100i.

ROG Member Array

Sorry forgot to mention os lol its windows 7 ultimate 64, I have been in constant contact with corsair customer support, but nothing has worked, followed all their steps over and over lol. My current H100i is a unit shipped directly from corsair which they opened, updated to latest firmware and tested. Just find it odd that even though we seem to have eliminated a faulty H100i as the problem the corsair support guy has not mentioned anything about possible software conflicts, or configuration issues. Biggest pain out of all of this is i upgraded from a h100 to the h100i specifically for the added functionality that comes with the "i" and cant access any of it. I have tried closing AI suite before launching link, EVGA precision also but maybe worth a try removing them both completely for the time being and continue troubleshooting?

Edit - Have not tried using the header for front panel on the H100i, was not 100% sure if it would work as its tailored for the front panel. Maybe can try that, as i have tried all the other USB headers.
    Last edited by Ledge; 06-05-2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Brain lag

ROG Enthusiast Array

The ROG panel section on the MB is two separate headers. One is a standard USB header, and there is an additional header next to it which is specific for functionality of the ROG panel. There's no problem re-purposing the USB header for other uses (though you lose the ROG panel).

Have you read through this thread?

Corsair H80i/H100i Driver Guide (Windows 7 - Part1)

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Hello there.

Please remove AISuite or not use the Corsair software. There have been many many instances of the unit not working correctly when both are installed. It is best to only have one set of monitoring software installed.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i use corsair link with my h100i and AI suite as well with no problems

my system:
    Asus RIVBE w/intel 4930k cpu - corsair H100i cooler
    32GB GSkill Trident 1866 Ram
    ROG Front Base Panel
    SSD Primary HDD running Windows 8.1
    6 HDD's in all

my H100i is running firmware 1.07 i think
    might want to check the firmware version to make sure its the same
    Last edited by xxLoTeKxx; 06-12-2014 at 09:27 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array DjRavix PC Specs
    DjRavix PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 11900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB (c
    Sound CardFocusrite Scarlett 18i8 MK2
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster S22B350 (X2)
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers KRK RP8
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterFritzbox
    Accessory #1 Native instruments Kontol S61 MK2

That's Kinda weird
    I have A H100i (New in box) here somewhere (Came Back From A RMA From My H100 Witch Had the well known Rattling Pump Problem)
    Funny enough I already Replaced it with A H105
    I have My AX1200i Hooked up to USB and do not have any problem with it
    And I am Running Both AiSuite and Corsair link Without Any Problem

I Always thought That ASUS and Corsair Worked Closely together since A Lot Of Corsair Products were always used in ASUS Video's
    And A Lot Of ASUS Products were always used in Corsair Video's

In fact ... I Actually believe that Some of Corsair Products were actually Made For ASUS Products (Like the 250D for A ROG Impact Board)

So To Me it's kind of weird If there is a problem

I was actually still amazed that The ASUS AiSuite Did Not Pickup My AX1200i show info and give A PSU FAN Curve to it
    ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
    Intel i9 11900K
    Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
    2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
    Corsair AX1200I
    EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
    EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
    XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
    4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
    2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
    2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
    1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DjRavix View Post
    That's Kinda weird
    I have A H100i (New in box) here somewhere (Came Back From A RMA From My H100 Witch Had the well known Rattling Pump Problem)
    Funny enough I already Replaced it with A H105
    I have My AX1200i Hooked up to USB and do not have any problem with it
    And I am Running Both AiSuite and Corsair link Without Any Problem

I Always thought That ASUS and Corsair Worked Closely together since A Lot Of Corsair Products were always used in ASUS Video's
    And A Lot Of ASUS Products were always used in Corsair Video's

In fact ... I Actually believe that Some of Corsair Products were actually Made For ASUS Products (Like the 250D for A ROG Impact Board)

So To Me it's kind of weird If there is a problem

I was actually still amazed that The ASUS AiSuite Did Not Pickup My AX1200i show info and give A PSU FAN Curve to it

Hi,

1) We do collaborate with Corsair. Any issues between Corsair Link and AI Suite are to do with polling as there is only one super IO IC on the board - imagine having several people ask you questions at the same time. This is what is occuring - it really comes down to using just one of the tools instead of the other. This should have no impact on the Corsair link software being able to pick up the hardware at all.

2) The fan header the AX 1200i fan is connected to needs to offer the right kind of control. The chassis fan headers on the R4EBE are DC control only. The CPU header can control both PWM and DC mode. You might need to try a different header or set the fan to advanced in UEFI if it is a DC type fan on the CPU fan header.

-Raja

ROG Guru: White Belt Array DjRavix PC Specs
    DjRavix PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 11900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB (c
    Sound CardFocusrite Scarlett 18i8 MK2
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster S22B350 (X2)
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers KRK RP8
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterFritzbox
    Accessory #1 Native instruments Kontol S61 MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Hi,

1) We do collaborate with Corsair. Any issues between Corsair Link and AI Suite are to do with polling as there is only one super IO IC on the board - imagine having several people ask you questions at the same time. This is what is occuring - it really comes down to using just one of the tools instead of the other. This should have no impact on the Corsair link software being able to pick up the hardware at all.

2) The fan header the AX 1200i fan is connected to needs to offer the right kind of control. The chassis fan headers on the R4EBE are DC control only. The CPU header can control both PWM and DC mode. You might need to try a different header or set the fan to advanced in UEFI if it is a DC type fan on the CPU fan header.

-Raja
    1) I understand that and I am happy to hear that you still work closely together
    However It would be nice to see A Patch for AiSuite so it could also Control Corsair Link Devices (That's what I was trying to point out)

2) The Fan on The AX1200i has no FAN header (It's internally connected in the unit)
    So I do not know how it is controlled
    However there is A Link Connection and A Included USB Unit to connect it to
    This USB Connected Unit is what gives it the Fan Control (and Voltage info Ect)
    if that kind of Device Could be controlled By AiSuite Than Corsair Link Would Not be needed
    Witch will Solve any issues with running both AiSuite and Corsair Link at the same time

Just my 2 Cents here ...
    ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
    Intel i9 11900K
    Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
    2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
    Corsair AX1200I
    EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
    EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
    XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
    4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
    2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
    2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
    2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
    1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

No chance of number 2 then. Nothing we can do about that as it uses their own interface and it would take a custom PSU loading policy to plot a curve. Chances of that happening are slim to none.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast