New ROGer Array

Exclamation G-750 Hotkeys don't work

Hi, I just bought an Asus G750 notebook and none of the hotkeys work. No volume, brightness, etc.
    I have no idea why. Everything else works wonderfully. Anybody have any ideas?

ROG Member Array

Did you install the ATK (ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities) driver?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Prostar Computer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ithanium2 View Post
    Did you install the ATK (ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities) driver?
    These are suppose to be installed from factory and everything should work right out of the box, but reinstalling these, TumorKing, would be the first place to look to.
    We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Super Moderator Array

Don't forget to hold the 'Fn' key while pressing those other keys? Press Fn+F5 a few times to dim the screen and Fn+F6 to brighten the screen, etc.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Prostar Computer View Post
    These are suppose to be installed from factory and everything should work right out of the box, but reinstalling these, TumorKing, would be the first place to look to.
    Yes...but not all G750's come with Windows installed. My JZ had FreeDOS...so basically no OS.
    And to top that off, Asus did not bother to include a driver CD.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Wow. I didnt know it was possible to get them with no OS? Retail? Where are you located ithanium2 if you don't mind me asking? Just curious where you can get one of these without a MS OS?
    ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
    SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K
    RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72
    RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71
    RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

ROG Member Array

In Romania and of course retail.
    I bought the "cheapest", kinda lol to call it cheap, version with 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM and no OS.

But it's a common thing here for laptops to come with freeDOS or in best case Linux, because it cuts the price a little.