cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Formula

Pahani
Level 9
I giv U monee. U giv meh nao!

LOL in all seriousness....just preordered my 4790K, I'll be getting this MB as soon as you let me!
32 REPLIES 32

dr_owned
Level 7
Seems odd they're not releasing it until July. They're going to miss the early adopter crowed (me) who is going to have a 4790K in hand on the 14th and not going to be waiting weeks to put it in a mobo.

dr/owned wrote:
Seems odd they're not releasing it until July. They're going to miss the early adopter crowed (me) who is going to have a 4790K in hand on the 14th and not going to be waiting weeks to put it in a mobo.

the formula boards have always been released late, and if you are one of the few lucky ones to get a hand on the first of few in storrage at your PC store of choice you are winning in lotto, they going to be sold out quick as they always have.
both the m5f and m6f boards have been released mid/end of july to erly august.

kkn wrote:
the formula boards have always been released late, and if you are one of the few lucky ones to get a hand on the first of few in storrage at your PC store of choice you are winning in lotto, they going to be sold out quick as they always have.
both the m5f and m6f boards have been released mid/end of july to erly august.

Do these (or any) CPUs sell out on launch? Normally I show up a few months late when inventory isn't a problem.

Tokens210
Level 10
@ Dr/owned

Yea I understand that but what if its like the VI Formula

The VI series formula released later and because of that it had much newer supremefx components, actually it had comonetns from a totally different company I believe cause they switch to the higher rated ones

Only the formula VI and the rampage black I believe it was had these things, all other VI series boards had the older stuff

I believe there was one other thing the formula VI had over the other VI series as well but I can't remember fully, may have been the chokes, or it was when they switch companies for there 10k rated capacitors

Those would be some of the things that for me at least would arise curiosity great enough to possibly make me wait to see what's up lol
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Orduu
Level 7
When Maximus VII Extreme comes out it isnt even announced yet.

Orduu wrote:
When Maximus VII Extreme comes out it isnt even announced yet.

They've said no Extreme in this series. Formula will be the top board.

Pahani wrote:
They've said no Extreme in this series. Formula will be the top board.

What the hell are sure there wont be Z97 Maximus Extreme at all. Formula doesnt have for example OC Panel.

Sabishii_Hito
Level 7
The Formula will work with the OC Panel, it just probably won't come with one. Glad I have two, one from the Rampage Black and one from M6E. Honestly though, with the new UEFI firmware for the Z87 boards supporting Devil's Canyon there is little incentive to buy Z97 save Broadwell compatibility.

Orduu
Level 7
Strange there was always Extreme in every generation. But in my opinion Z97 Deluxe(NFC2&WLC) > Formula