Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dr/owned View Post
    Seems odd they're not releasing it until July. They're going to miss the early adopter crowed (me) who is going to have a 4790K in hand on the 14th and not going to be waiting weeks to put it in a mobo.
    the formula boards have always been released late, and if you are one of the few lucky ones to get a hand on the first of few in storrage at your PC store of choice you are winning in lotto, they going to be sold out quick as they always have.
    both the m5f and m6f boards have been released mid/end of july to erly august.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

There should be an Extreme and it should be E-ATX like the Z68 Rog MIVE so a GPU can be used in the preferred top slot (CPU) with bigger coolers.

I regret going from Z68 Rog to the MVIE esp as my 4770 is crap batch and my 27000k was good for 5GHZ but the itch got me be it very late in the day (Jan 2014).
    I have a Noctua cooler so I have to use the PLX slot for my GPU

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

With X99 so close, no point in M7E from our side for multi-GPU. The DC CPUs are not different enough from the original Haswell processors to warrant so much investment from R&D on our side so far.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    the formula boards have always been released late, and if you are one of the few lucky ones to get a hand on the first of few in storrage at your PC store of choice you are winning in lotto, they going to be sold out quick as they always have.
    both the m5f and m6f boards have been released mid/end of july to erly august.
    Do these (or any) CPUs sell out on launch? Normally I show up a few months late when inventory isn't a problem.

T@ Raja@ASUS : The same could be said about all the Z97 series as they use the same CPU's but what about Broadwell later?

A lot of R&D to make this massive Z97 line up (too many models these days IMO) for Haswell/DC and possibly Broadwell later on.

All Z87's seem to be getting Bioses to run DC but IMO the current Z87 ROG is not as good as its past 2 ROG on Z68/Z77 esp. as its only ATX size.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

A lot of people prefer non E-ATX so we're sticking with that for now, sorry. This stuff is all subjective on some levels, and subjective does not make any one person "right". A board is not better because it is bigger. It's just better for you but maybe not others.

As for who is going to run what, we have roadmaps and know what is worth developing motherboards for - if we need an extreme on any platform we will make one. If we don't we won't.

Well chopping and changing and 1 step forward then 2 backwards is no ideal and I have seen this on Asus Mobos since 2001.

Pretty sure there is more than myself with issues with a air cooler and top GPU slot which was not an issue when Asus decides to make last 2 series E-ATX.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74's Avatar

I have pre-ordered a 4790k as well, just waiting for the MVIIF to be released. Do we have a specific day for release yet??? so far I have heard July. Im hoping it's July 1.
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ Alphacool Monsta & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post
    I have pre-ordered a 4790k as well, just waiting for the MVIIF to be released. Do we have a specific day for release yet??? so far I have heard July. Im hoping it's July 1.
    I wanted to do the same thing. Am I better off pre-ordering the 4790K now? Or can I just wait until I can get a confirmed pre-order for the Formula VII? I'm wondering if DC will either sell out or go up in price??

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array sdmf74's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Booyaah View Post
    I wanted to do the same thing. Am I better off pre-ordering the 4790K now? Or can I just wait until I can get a confirmed pre-order for the Formula VII? I'm wondering if DC will either sell out or go up in price??
    Just preorder the CPU from Amazon. I'm sure by the 20th we will have a release date for the MVIIF. You can always cancel your preorder if needbe
    ASUS Maximus 9 Formula, Intel I7 7700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti K|ngP|n
    G Skill Trident Z RGB 3600 32GB, EVGA supernova 1300G2, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, Wooting One/Ducky One TKL RGB, Razer Basilisk, EK Velocity RGB w/ Alphacool Monsta & HL Nemesis GTX360, Samsung 960 pro 512gb(OS), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb(games), Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Asus PG279Q 165HZ, BenQ 144hz, Windows 10 pro

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast