Bytewar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus P9X79 Pro
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)Geil Evo Corsa 4x8=32GB @1866Mhz CL9
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog-Strix-GTX1080Ti-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Cardintegrated into the motherboard
    MonitorIIyama ProLite B2475HDS 2ms
    Storage #1Samsung Nvme 960 EVO 500GB PCI-E 3.0 x4
    Storage #2Raid 0 Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb x 2 & Raid 0 HDD WS Black Caviar 500GB x 2
    CPU CoolerEKWB Supremacy EVO
    CasePhanteks Evolv Atx Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 750 Professional
    Keyboard Logitech Mk250
    Mouse The same of Keyboard, it's a combo
    OS Win 7 Professional x64, Win 10 Professional x64, Linux Ubuntu 16.04.03 x64
    Network RouterNetgear DGN2200
    Accessory #1 Waterblock Phanteks Glacier G1080Ti
    Accessory #2 Web cam Logitech C525
    Accessory #3 EK-XRES 140 REVO D5 PWM (pump)

Many Thanks to BOLTS4BREKFAST

Samsung 960 Evo Nvme + Asus HYPER M.2 x 4
    Asus P9X79 Pro UEFI BIOS (CSM Auto)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magician.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	71577

I'm very grateful to thank BOLTS4BREKFAST for the great and hard work he has done.
    I bought an Asus P9X79 PRO knowing I could install the Bios with NVME and it worked, I upgraded the BIOS 4701 to 4801.
    The Bios saw the NVME disk as Pata SM (I suppose Secondary Master), but windows didn't allow us to install it.
    I had to fight for 3 days with the configuration of the Bios, doubting that the correct NVME driver was present as I have a Samsung 960 EVO.
    I solved everything by putting the secure boot on other OS, deleting all the certificates of the secure boot and setting the CSM on auto, because with CSM on disabled it didn't work.
    Last edited by Bytewar; 02-16-2018 at 10:34 PM. Reason: replaced screen shot

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array BOLTS4BREKFAST's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bytewar View Post
    Samsung 960 Evo Nvme + Asus HYPER M.2 x 4
    Asus P9X79 Pro UEFI BIOS (CSM Auto)

Attachment 71576

I am very grateful to thank BOLTS4BREKFAST for the great and hard work he has done.
    I bought an Asus P9X79 PRO knowing I could install the Bios with NVME and it worked, I upgraded the BIOS 4701 to 4801.
    The Bios saw the NVME disk as Pata SC, but windows did not allow us to install it.
    I had to fight for 3 days with the configuration of the Bios, doubting that the correct NVME driver was present as I have a Samsung 960 EVO.
    I solved everything by putting the secure boot on other OS, deleting all the certificates of the secure boot and setting the CSM on auto, because with CSM on disabled it did not work.
    Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad everything worked out!
    Those speeds look awesome!

I'm still on SATA SSD's myself in my rig.. I've been into the car scene a few years - modding and upgrading my car - so my computer has been put on the back burner. My income, unfortunately, doesn't allow for 2 expensive hobbies! LOL (heck, barely even 1)

It's amazing though, that this year, my computer is 6 years old!! And with just GPU upgrades, the RIVE and 3960x still give plenty of power! And *knock on wood* I've been blessed that the only part failure I've had was the pump went out in the H100i last year.. and quickly changed it out with the H100iv2.

Anyway.. enough about me. I'm glad we're able to mod these bios files and give these "old" boards new life and capability!
    NZXT Phantom 820
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
    Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
    Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
    MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
    16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
    2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
    2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
    SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
    Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
    Sennheiser PC360 Headset
    LG Blu-Ray Burner
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

New ROGer Array

Lol, I too have R4E, except my cpu is i3930k and I too had H100i which failed Good thing, I RMAed it and corsair sent me H100iv2 for free. Also had asus hd7950 die on.

I'm gonna buy two samsung 960 evos and test it out with that bios from testing folder. Is it possible to make it boot from it if I just clone partitions from my current SSD to new one? Without reinstalling OS?

New ROGer Array Bytewar PC Specs
    Bytewar PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Storage #2Raid 0 Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb x 2 & Raid 0 HDD WS Black Caviar 500GB x 2
    Keyboard Logitech Mk250

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroi View Post
    Lol, I too have R4E, except my cpu is i3930k and I too had H100i which failed Good thing, I RMAed it and corsair sent me H100iv2 for free. Also had asus hd7950 die on.

I'm gonna buy two samsung 960 evos and test it out with that bios from testing folder. Is it possible to make it boot from it if I just clone partitions from my current SSD to new one? Without reinstalling OS?
    It is only possible if you have done an installation in UEFI mode with a GPT partition, as well as having configured the BIOS in the correct way in which it sees the NVME device not only as Pata SS, but with its own firmware name.
    If the UEFI Bios sees the device as Pata SS only by not enabling it to UEFI, the M.2 SSD on PCI-E 3.0 x4 will run without boot, but only as data storage after providing the Samsung NVME driver to an already installed operating system on another disk.

Bytewar PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Keyboard Logitech Mk250

Quote Originally Posted by BOLTS4BREKFAST View Post
    Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad everything worked out!
    Those speeds look awesome!

I'm still on SATA SSD's myself in my rig.. I've been into the car scene a few years - modding and upgrading my car - so my computer has been put on the back burner. My income, unfortunately, doesn't allow for 2 expensive hobbies! LOL (heck, barely even 1)

It's amazing though, that this year, my computer is 6 years old!! And with just GPU upgrades, the RIVE and 3960x still give plenty of power! And *knock on wood* I've been blessed that the only part failure I've had was the pump went out in the H100i last year.. and quickly changed it out with the H100iv2.

Anyway.. enough about me. I'm glad we're able to mod these bios files and give these "old" boards new life and capability!
    The best thing is exactly the lengthening of life of this socket that as IPC has little to envy to those who came after apart from energy consumption.
    My next step will be to put an Xeon E5 8-core Ivy Bridge 4GHz with overclocking on the BCLK, but calmly, the more time passes the less the Xeon will cost.
    However, the bench that I got yesterday is the other screenshot with the highest values, really amazing, calculating that I partitioned the ssd in 3 units.

Name:	Magician.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	71585

You and Fernando have done a fantastic job, especially you have spared me to do the modding myself by having to study all the guides of Fernando on how to extract the drivers from other Bios, inject them by stacking them correctly, etc.
    Believe me, I will not forget about you, you've given new life to an old socket that can now even be used as a high-performance server.
    Last edited by Bytewar; 02-14-2018 at 11:49 AM. Reason: my english is too poor to make no mistakes

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bytewar View Post
    It is only possible if you have done an installation in UEFI mode with a GPT partition, as well as having configured the BIOS in the correct way in which it sees the NVME device not only as Pata SS, but with its own firmware name.
    If the UEFI Bios sees the device as Pata SS only by not enabling it to UEFI, the M.2 SSD on PCI-E 3.0 x4 will run without boot, but only as data storage after providing the Samsung NVME driver to an already installed operating system on another disk.
    That is how I installed my win 10, yeah, in uefi with gpt partition.
    Can you explain this correct bios configuration in details please?

Also, can you (anyone else) advice any good adapter for R4E to go with Samsung 960 Evo?
    Last edited by Kuroi; 02-15-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Bytewar PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Keyboard Logitech Mk250

Bios Configuration on P9X79 PRO

That is how I installed my win 10, yeah, in uefi with gpt partition.
    Can you explain this correct bios configuration in details please?

Also, can you (anyone else) advice any good adapter for R4E to go with Samsung 960 Evo?

Name:	One.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	71664

Name:	Two.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	71665

Name:	Three.jpg 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	71666

Name:	Four.jpg 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	71667

Name:	Five.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	71668

The images show my current Boot Bios configuration.
    I have no idea if your Rampage IV has a bios equal to my P9X79 PRO.
    Currently I have 3 different types of disks.
    1 SSD NVME M.2 PCI-E 3.0x4 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB with Asus HYPER adapter M.2 x 4 positioned in the second slot @ 16x
    1 Raid 0 on the Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GBx2 (on Intel sata III ports, 1GB/s reading and 0,74GB/s writing)
    1 Raid 0 on the Western Digital Black Caviar 500GBx2 (on Intel sata II ports, only 0,250 GB/s, positioned where the lower band sata II isn't a bottleneck)
    I proceeded like this:
    1) Advanced Menu, Sata, disable all sata
    2) Boot menu, Secure Boot, delete all Platform Key (once in the Secure Boot sub-menu look at the top left there is the delete button)
    3) Secure Boot menu set to Other OS
    4) CSM menu set to Auto.
    Saved changes.
    At this point I started the PC from USB UEFI bootable and installed the first OS (Win 7 Pro Sp1) on the Samsung 960 Evo.
    Once I was successful I returned to the Bios Advanced Menu, Sata menu and I put everything in Raid, then I saved by restarting.
    After I entered the Bios Raid (CTRL + I) and created the two Raid volumes and so I finished everything.
    For the adapter for maximum compatibility I recommend the Asus HYPER M.2 x 4, works very well on other brands (tested on another platform LGA 2011 with AsRock X79 Extreme 4 motherboard).
    That's all.
    Last edited by Bytewar; 02-16-2018 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Updating and correction of typing errors

New ROGer Array

Hello Bytewar. Thanks for detailed explanation, I will try it out when my adapters arrive.
    I got some ezfab adapter or something on Amazon and had to use forwarding service for USA->UA cause for some weird reason there are none available here. I saw ASUS hyper m.2 x4 there, but it was like 54$ and that's more expensive than it should be. On ebay, there are tons of them from 18$ and up but don't have full original packing, and there are tons of them for some reason so I didn't risk it.

New ROGer Array robsoncomp PC Specs
    robsoncomp PC Specs
    MotherboardP8Z77-V DELUXE
    ProcessorI7 3370K
    Memory (part number)12GB
    Graphics Card #1GTX570
    OS Win7 X64

Question Bios p8z77-v deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by BOLTS4BREKFAST View Post
    **ALL FILES ARE BACK ONLINE** Feb 7th 2018
    Not sure what happened here.. Link and files have been down since the 2nd. Also, I'm unable to find a cached version of my original post..
    So I won't be listing here what motherboards and BIOS versions are available..
    just click the link below and search.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Amy65Cmu51iJz0V3k_NiiOPPHY31

*That link should take you to the main folder where you can find the motherboard model you want along with the bios version.*

*if you have a special request for another bios revision just post on this thread or PM me... please be patient since for some reason I no longer receive email notifications from Asus Forum when I get PM's or to subscribed threads.*

**if you'd like to make a donation follow the link below. Thank you!**
    https://www.paypal.me/gmpcrepair

**MUST BE FLASHED USING BIOS FLASHBACK METHOD**
    http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/
    ================================================== ================================================== =====================

You could post the motherboard bios asus P8Z77-V DELUXE.
    I have a doubt, like this update, outside samsung 960, will it be compatible with all nvme, type corsair mp500?
    Thanks for the help.

Bytewar PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Keyboard Logitech Mk250

Hello Bytewar. Thanks for detailed explanation, I will try it out when my adapters arrive.
    I got some ezfab adapter or something on Amazon and had to use forwarding service for USA->UA cause for some weird reason there are none available here. I saw ASUS hyper m.2 x4 there, but it was like 54$ and that's more expensive than it should be. On ebay, there are tons of them from 18$ and up but don't have full original packing, and there are tons of them for some reason so I didn't risk it.
    Please Kuroi.
    I haven't risked with adapters other than Asus.
    Surely it's the most compatible of all on Asus motherboards.
    I bought the Asus HYPER adapter M.2 x 4 in e-shop from Germany for 40 euros and saw the result I'm happy.
    Having bought many new things (watercooling, case, ssd Samsung nvme, graphics card, adapeter for M.2 to PCI-E) it didn't go through my head to look for the used adapter.
    On ebay when the seller has 100% reliability and isn't registered recently with little feedback, I always go quiet, if there is a scam I will be refunded by Pyapal.

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast