Bytewar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus P9X79 Pro
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)Geil Evo Corsa 4x8=32GB @1866Mhz CL9
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog-Strix-GTX1080Ti-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Cardintegrated into the motherboard
    MonitorIIyama ProLite B2475HDS 2ms
    Storage #1Samsung Nvme 960 EVO 500GB PCI-E 3.0 x4
    Storage #2Raid 0 Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb x 2 & Raid 0 HDD WS Black Caviar 500GB x 2
    CPU CoolerEKWB Supremacy EVO
    CasePhanteks Evolv Atx Tempered Glass
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 750 Professional
    Keyboard Logitech Mk250
    Mouse The same of Keyboard, it's a combo
    OS Win 7 Professional x64, Win 10 Professional x64, Linux Ubuntu 16.04.03 x64
    Network RouterNetgear DGN2200
    Accessory #1 Waterblock Phanteks Glacier G1080Ti
    Accessory #2 Web cam Logitech C525
    Accessory #3 EK-XRES 140 REVO D5 PWM (pump)

Message for anyone.

I have a private message hanging that isn't displayed.
    Apparently private messages don't work.
    Please don't send me PM, I cannot read them.
    If someone needs the Samsung NVME driver to install Win 7 in Uefi mode give me a nod, I have the original Samsung WHQL driver, without that to install Windows 7 in UEFI mode on NVME is impossible.
    Know that the reactivity of the machine changes little, you don't perceive a 700% increase in reading and start times compared to a SSD in Sata III, the big difference is on the bench, not in use.
    I invite everyone to thank BOLTS4BREKFAST because he has worked so many hours to change all those Bios.
    Greetings to all.
    Last edited by Bytewar; 02-19-2018 at 03:36 PM. Reason: correction of typing errors

New ROGer Array

Bytewar, if I could buy asus hyper m.2 in Ukraine, I would alas no shops in Ukraine sell it atm. Like literally none. So I went with this EZDIY-FAB (new of course, not used) which had decent reviews. All that is left now is to wait and see how it performs. If it's gonna be ****, I guess I'll have no other choice to but look for Asus hyper m.2 somewhere.
    Last edited by Kuroi; 02-20-2018 at 08:49 PM.

New ROGer Array

Got my adaptors finally and I'm happy to report that everything is working fine so far.
    Benchmark
    Win 10 boots from this new SSD, even though at first BIOS only saw it as SS PATA. After I cloned my old SSD to it, it started seeing it as it should.
    The only problem I had is that CPU, Audio and Mei showed up in Device manager as their drivers couldn't be loaded (code 32)
    Thank you for all your help.
    Last edited by Kuroi; 02-26-2018 at 10:37 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey guys, I've got a Rampage 4 Formula with a 3930K, if I want to try one of these modded BIOS files with an ASUS Hyper M.2 X4 and a M.2 NVMe drive, do I need to get an Ivy Bridge CPU as the SB-E only has PCI-e 2.0? Would that matter?

Also, would I be able to boot from the NVMe drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't really looked at upgrading hardware for a while as this setup still does mostly what I want.

New ROGer Array Bytewar PC Specs
    Bytewar PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Storage #2Raid 0 Samsung 850 Pro 256Gb x 2 & Raid 0 HDD WS Black Caviar 500GB x 2
    Keyboard Logitech Mk250

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroi View Post
    Got my adaptors finally and I'm happy to report that everything is working fine so far.
    Benchmark
    Win 10 boots from this new SSD, even though at first BIOS only saw it as SS PATA. After I cloned my old SSD to it, it started seeing it as it should.
    The only problem I had is that CPU, Audio and Mei showed up in Device manager as their drivers couldn't be loaded (code 32)
    Thank you for all your help.
    Uninstall each driver of those devices and reinstall them again.
    The error, very easily, is due to the modification of the BIOS along with the cloning of Windows, in the windows registry usually there are missing keys.

Bytewar PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Keyboard Logitech Mk250

Quote Originally Posted by Ice009 View Post
    Hey guys, I've got a Rampage 4 Formula with a 3930K, if I want to try one of these modded BIOS files with an ASUS Hyper M.2 X4 and a M.2 NVMe drive, do I need to get an Ivy Bridge CPU as the SB-E only has PCI-e 2.0? Would that matter?

Also, would I be able to boot from the NVMe drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't really looked at upgrading hardware for a while as this setup still does mostly what I want.

You don't need an upgrade to 4930K.
    The 40 lines of the Sandy Bridge-E CPU also work at 3.0, it lacks the certification, only this, I'm writing from a PC that has the lines of the i7 3930K CPU running at 3.0 with the modified BIOS and booting from NVME.
    Your every doubt isn't founded.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bytewar View Post
    Uninstall each driver of those devices and reinstall them again.
    The error, very easily, is due to the modification of the BIOS along with the cloning of Windows, in the windows registry usually there are missing keys.
    I tried to clone it with a different software and didn't encounter these problems. So far, the only problem that remains is win 10 activation that fell off.
    If I click "I recently changed my hardware" it won't show me my current PC (and yes, I'm using correct ms account)

Bytewar PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Keyboard Logitech Mk250

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroi View Post
    I tried to clone it with a different software and didn't encounter these problems. So far, the only problem that remains is win 10 activation that fell off.
    If I click "I recently changed my hardware" it won't show me my current PC (and yes, I'm using correct ms account)
    Ok Kuroi.
    Then try this:
    1) if you have the license key of Windows 10 turn off the router, run offline windows activation via phone call using the instructions that will appear in that way (you have to reactivate Windows 10);
    2) if you don't have the Windows 10 license key, look for SIW by Gabriel Topala and read the license key with that program, then perform step 1.
    Last edited by Bytewar; 02-28-2018 at 01:23 PM.

New ROGer Array

I have win 10 upgraded from win7. The only key I could fine was default win 10 pro key. After trying loads of various solutions from around they net, I went and contacted chat support. Guy asked me for error code it was giving me so I went to troubleshooter to see the code and lo and behold, it just went "We've activated this copy of Windows". Certainly weird but it works so I can't really complain. But I'm not wiping my old SSD for now lol in case some weird stuff surfaces.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bytewar View Post
    You don't need an upgrade to 4930K.
    The 40 lines of the Sandy Bridge-E CPU also work at 3.0, it lacks the certification, only this, I'm writing from a PC that has the lines of the i7 3930K CPU running at 3.0 with the modified BIOS and booting from NVME.
    Your every doubt isn't founded.
    Hi Bytewar, thanks. I thought you had to have an Ivy Bridge CPU to be able to use the PCI-e 3.0 lanes. I didn't realize you can still use them with a SB-E CPU . Does the modified BIOS allow you to use those 3.0 lanes or could you still do it without the modified BIOS?

Speaking of the BIOS, if for whatever reason, can you flash back to an official BIOS if you wanted to later on? Do you need use BIOS flashback to do so?

Also, should I re-install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on the new drive when I get it? I think I would prefer to install a fresh copy. I also don't have my current copy linked to a Microsoft account. Should I do that, or since it's not a major hardware change, will it activate if I just get my Windows 10 key and input that during install?

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast