Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

54 96.43%
  • NO

2 3.57%
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Speed Issue

Hi BOLTS4BREKFAST, I install your fw 4901 on my R4E and work fine.
    Before I made a mistake and chose 4901 not in "NVME testing" folder… later I used bios 4901 in this folder and work great !!!
    My personal thanks, GREAT job BOLTS and thanks again to give this feature to our mobo.

Now… i have some questions:

1 - It' s normal that in bios I view NVME drive like PATA SM: ?
    2 - Now bios set in automatic 1st boot Windows boot manager ( "my M.2 model" ) and 2nd boot PATA SM:, it' s ok this ?

3 - So… I have this value with Cristaldiskmark on 970 Pro.

I think that 4KibQ32T1 and just write 4KibQ8T8 are half of normal value that I found on many forum\review about 970pro Nvme.

Windows is clean, no run with antivirus ecc... ecc...

Can you help me with this issue ? Shall I set something in bios ?
    Last edited by BRUNEZ; 12-20-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    CPU: Core i7 3930K C2 ][ MOBO: ASUS RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME ][ RAM: 16G Corsair Dominator 2133 ][ GPU:Strix 980TI ][ PSU: Corsair AX1500i ][ HDD: 2 X 850 Pro ][ 2x Crucial M550 ][ 1x Wdd Re4 1Tb. ] CASE: Obsidian 900D ][ MONITOR: IIYAMA ProLite E2607WS ][ FOR FRAG: Logitech G502 & G15 ][ OS: W10 Pro ][ LIQUID COOLING: EKWB Supr. Evo - Sanso PDH054-2x 480 Rad- WB Mobo ]

New ROGer Array

Help~~~

Quote Originally Posted by BOLTS4BREKFAST View Post
    In my opinion, I would wait to flash bios until Intel gets their bugs sorted.. shortly after I modded all the files with the latest microcode, Intel pulled ALL the new microcode files. Sheesh.
    Hi,

R4E.CAP<= I just modded the stable driver and NVEM for R4E, but it doesn't work on flashback, could you help me? thanks a lot!

afuwinx64 => doesn't work too...ERROR info => (bios file size does not match)
    Last edited by aso780501; 12-24-2018 at 08:17 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey guys, BOLTS4BREKFAST modded the Rampage 4 Formula BIOS, and also the Asus P8Z77-V Pro BIOS for me earlier this year and I am having second thoughts on installing them due the CPU microcode updates decreasing performance. I am ready to buy an NVMe SSD as Samsung currently has cashback offers that end on the 31st of December. I was about to install the modded BIOS, but after doing some reading online, I'm having second thoughts as I don't want significantly decreased CPU performance.

I stupidly overwrote the previous versions I downloaded that didn't have the microcode updates. Does anyone have a previous version for the Rampage 4 Formula? BOLTS4BREKFAST, if you do read this, and you have deleted the previous BIOS files, any chance you could mod me another NVMe BIOS with all the latest updates minus the microcode updates? I really do what to have the latest updates for the other things, just not sure if I want the CPU microcode updates.

What do you guys think? I don't really want decreased CPU performance just to run an NVMe SSD.

Have you guys that have installed the newest NVMe modded BIOS files noticed a major decrease in CPU performance with the CPU microcode updates? I do a lot of multitasking with my 3930K and really don't want to see the performance decrease. If the performance decrease isn't too much, I'd be OK with it, but I just don't want major CPU performance decreases, otherwise, anything other than a slight decrease in CPU performance defeats the purpose of having the NVMe SSD in the first place. I don't know if that trade off is worth it.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by aso780501 View Post
    Hi,

R4E.CAP<= I just modded the stable driver and NVEM for R4E, but it doesn't work on flashback, could you help me? thanks a lot!

Hi, How come you're trying to mod them yourself? Is it because you don't want to use BOLTS4BREFAST's versions due the the microcode updates?
    Last edited by Ice009; 12-27-2018 at 05:18 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    I noticed a strange behavior of my Sabertooth x79 board the other day...

Whenever I cold boot my PC the power consumption (idle cpu) is about 18W, but after a warm boot it's about 22W (measured with RealTemp T|I). I updated bios and mei firmware a few month ago (4801 modded bios, mei fw 8.1.65.1586) but I don't think that's the problem here. Anyone else having the same issue? Maybe a well known bug/feature?
    Attachment 59530

cheers, chi
    Just in case somebody else is having the same issue (which I highly doubt)... The problem was that I disabled "CPU Clock Gen Filter" in the BIOS, which somehow leads to this strange behavior. After enabling it again the power consumption after a cold- or warm-boot remains at 21.7W (Balanced Power Plan, Idle CPU)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ice009 View Post
    Hey guys, BOLTS4BREKFAST modded the Rampage 4 Formula BIOS, and also the Asus P8Z77-V Pro BIOS for me earlier this year and I am having second thoughts on installing them due the CPU microcode updates decreasing performance. I am ready to buy an NVMe SSD as Samsung currently has cashback offers that end on the 31st of December. I was about to install the modded BIOS, but after doing some reading online, I'm having second thoughts as I don't want significantly decreased CPU performance.
    I had the same thoughts back then (#601)... You can disable Meltdown/Spectre protection with this handy tool: Inspectre

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by aso780501 View Post
    Hi,

Take a look at win-raid's BIOS Modding section. Maybe you'll find some answers there

ROG Junior Member Array

Security verification failed

Hi Bolts,

I am trying to load your BIOs mod onto my ASUS RAMPAGE IV Black Edition. For whatever reason I am receiving a Security verification failed message in the ASUS EZ Flash Back Utility tool. I have looked through my BIOs to see where there might be security enabled and I cannot find anything to disable. Have you seen this issue and if so were you able to remedy it ?

Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Smile Working Samsung 970 EVO NVME on R4E

Hi all
    I installed yesterday a samsung 970 evo nvme on my rampage 4 extreme. Everything is ok.
    I first download the nvme test bios for R4E and flashed it.
    Installed the hardware a PCIE to M2 card adaptator (KALEA INFORMATIQUE less than 20 euros) and the ssd itself.
    I started the computer and after 2 or 3 restart and setting inside the bios the new ssd was recognized.
    I used Acronis to backup my system drive and restore on that new SSD NVME.
    No problems. I can boot on that NVME SSD and my system is still ok.
    So i want to thank you very much for this nvme bios 4901 for R4E.
    Just one thing to remember when setting the bios SATA Should be set to IRST and not RSTe otherwise optimisation will not be available on sata SSD (when flashing new bios all is reset and the default goes to RSTe).

Faithfully

FrançoisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	30012019.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	78578

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hi all. *Has anyone flashed a Rampage IV Formula and have been successful? Which Bolts Bios did you use?
    Thanks for any advice. **
    Last edited by Alton Brown; 01-30-2019 at 10:59 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

wwhat is the last bios mod with vme and the last microcode available for Sandy Bridge E?

Thanks so much

Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast