cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overclocking with antec 650

leo96
Level 7
hi all:

here's the thing. a while back I bought the 650 just to replace the stock fan that came with the 8350 , it made a lot of noise and seemed it was going to jump out of the case. now im getting the bug bite for overclocking a bit the 8350 to lets say 4.5 ghz. I was wondering if with the 650 this could be done . I don't know much about overclocking, ive been reading the guide and other things but too afraid to try anything. could the 650 handle this ? my pc spec are as follows:
phantom 820 with 2x 200 fan on top, 1 x 200 in front, 1 x 200 on the side. 2 x 140 on the bottom flowing air up and 1 x 140 inside directed to the gpu. the gpu is sapphire r9 280x 3ghz, crosshair v formula z , cpu fx 8350 and the antec 650 cooler with extra fan besides the one that comes integrated with the pump. any help wouild be appreciated , thanks in advance , regards leo96
3 REPLIES 3

TenBlade
Level 11
You have to overclock in small increments and watch the temperatures. And make up your mind if you want to take the plunge or not. I was shaking too the first time I started overclocking. But I got the advice, never to clock more than I´m willing to pay for. That means, I´d prepare mentally to cough up the price of a burnt cpu, or gpu, ram, what ever you´re clocking. And once you get the hang of it you´ll love the power and insights you get, warning, may be addictive!:cool:
ROG on!

ty , will give it a try , but before I go into this , I need to do more reading, and I'll be changing for the h100i .
thanks for the response and advice, regards leo96

TenBlade
Level 11
Good on ya, leo96. I´m quite happy with my h100i, I fittet it with four fans for push-pull, to make it more efficient, it´s fun to mess around with :cool: