ROG Member Array

overclocking with antec 650

hi all:

here's the thing. a while back I bought the 650 just to replace the stock fan that came with the 8350 , it made a lot of noise and seemed it was going to jump out of the case. now im getting the bug bite for overclocking a bit the 8350 to lets say 4.5 ghz. I was wondering if with the 650 this could be done . I don't know much about overclocking, ive been reading the guide and other things but too afraid to try anything. could the 650 handle this ? my pc spec are as follows:
    phantom 820 with 2x 200 fan on top, 1 x 200 in front, 1 x 200 on the side. 2 x 140 on the bottom flowing air up and 1 x 140 inside directed to the gpu. the gpu is sapphire r9 280x 3ghz, crosshair v formula z , cpu fx 8350 and the antec 650 cooler with extra fan besides the one that comes integrated with the pump. any help wouild be appreciated , thanks in advance , regards leo96

ROG AirWays Captain Array TenBlade's Avatar

You have to overclock in small increments and watch the temperatures. And make up your mind if you want to take the plunge or not. I was shaking too the first time I started overclocking. But I got the advice, never to clock more than I´m willing to pay for. That means, I´d prepare mentally to cough up the price of a burnt cpu, or gpu, ram, what ever you´re clocking. And once you get the hang of it you´ll love the power and insights you get, warning, may be addictive!
    ROG on!

ROG Member Array

ty , will give it a try , but before I go into this , I need to do more reading, and I'll be changing for the h100i .
    thanks for the response and advice, regards leo96

ROG AirWays Captain Array TenBlade's Avatar

Good on ya, leo96. I´m quite happy with my h100i, I fittet it with four fans for push-pull, to make it more efficient, it´s fun to mess around with