cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift display with ATI card

NassayA
Level 7
Good day fellow RoG enthusiasts it has been a while a long while that i posted here. But i just wated to know if someone could awnser my big question. The new Swift PG278Q realy appeals to me but G sync is a Nvidia thing does the monitor work with a ati card? I can understand that the Gsync itself doesn't work with it, but would the monitor work on it's own with a ati card. Or maybe just send out crappy image becourse the gsync and ati card just can't work together.

Cheers,
Nassaya.
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Alpha - CPU: Intel 6700K 4.6GHZ - GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RX480 O8G - DDR4: Corsair Venagance RGB 16GB - PSU: Corsair HX 1000Watt - Windows 10 Enterprice 64Bit on Corsair GTS SSD 240GB - Corsair GTX 60GB - Samgung 2.5' 2TB HDD - All packaged in a Corsair Graphite 780T. H2o Cooled by EKWB. Full Hue+ Lights.
33 REPLIES 33

abvolt
Level 11
I am also waiting for this monitor and it should work fine with amd vga's.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Orduu
Level 7
It should work no problem with AMD.

kkn
Level 14
only those who test/tested it can say for shure 😛

The G-SYNC monitor, if it works anything like the GSYNC VG248QE, works just fine as a normal monitor with GSYNC disabled. GSYNC in fact defaults to regular V-SYNC if you drop below 30 FPS, so it has to "function" like a normal monitor still. You can also turn G-SYNC off at any time and use it like a normal monitor.

AMD cards will work fine on a GSYNC monitor, you just won't get to take advantage of GSYNC. It will function as a static 144 Hz monitor over DisplayPort, with no variable refresh rate. You should still be able to use the ULMB function (Ultra-Low Motion Blur, aka LightBoost switch) on the monitor with your AMD card, though, so that's a plus?

ThomasBo
Level 7
I am running the monitor on AMD 290x and selecting 144Hz makes the monitor flicker like hell. Also ULMB is not enabled in the menu when running 100 or 120hz. I simply cannot enable it.

So far i have RMA'ed 2 of these and nr. 3 is on its way - since it flickers (turns on/off) every 5-10 seconds when running anything above 85Hz.

I dont know if they have been rushed out or im just unlucky - but the retailer i spoke with said they have 1 RMA on every 20 sold. That sounds a bit high to me .....

ThomasBo wrote:
I am running the monitor on AMD 290x and selecting 144Hz makes the monitor flicker like hell. Also ULMB is not enabled in the menu when running 100 or 120hz. I simply cannot enable it.

So far i have RMA'ed 2 of these and nr. 3 is on its way - since it flickers (turns on/off) every 5-10 seconds when running anything above 85Hz.

I dont know if they have been rushed out or im just unlucky - but the retailer i spoke with said they have 1 RMA on every 20 sold. That sounds a bit high to me .....

Please keep us updated buddy. 🙂

ThomasBo
Level 7
I tried connecting the monitor (still on no.3) to another 290x on another PC and there it works. Then moved that gfx card to this PC and still the flickering is gone. I am planning on a AMD 295x2 soon so i hope that one works with my monitor aswell. If not its another RMA.

But not being able to run 144Hz, and the ULMB option being grayed out in monitor menu puzzles me still.

gabbo
Level 9
So it worked with another 290x, strange. I heard something about ULMB working only with nvidia gpu.

gabbo wrote:
So it worked with another 290x, strange. I heard something about ULMB working only with nvidia gpu.

True.. but at least 144Hz should be possibel on any gfx capable of doing 144hz. Making a monitor that only works with some gfx's doesnt make sense to me.