cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery disc for G750JM?

rainbowcharmin
Level 7
Hi, I just bought the G750Jm last week and just got a chance to use it and noticed that I can't find a recovery disc creation program to copy to disc for a factory reinstall if needed. I only see that I can do a recovery usb of about 256mb...am I missing something? Can you not do recovery disc. This is the only computer that I bought that I could not do 5-6 disc or to USB? Anyone else have this problem?
8 REPLIES 8

PeteyPub
Level 7
Hey Rainbow,
I have the same model. This PC creates a recovery USB drive. I used a 16GB MicroSD card with Adapter to create my backup. I included the recovery partition, just in case. Then I went into ASUS Backtracker and created a backup of all drivers. Now in case something happens, I have a physical backup of my PC. I will be installing windows 7 Ultimate, as a DUAL boot solution.

shea001
Level 7
PeteyPub, I don't seem to have a recovery partition to back up. Where did you find it?

WithHonor
Level 7
How do you actually use the SD card once backed up? My 750 went to sleep and never woke back up. I hard powered off and back on and it blue screens saying the OS is missing. I tried throwing in the SD but it doesn't read it as a boot device.

I decided to say the hell with windows 8.1 and put in a Win 7. Wouldn't allow me to install. Tried running DBAN and wipedrive. Neither would boot. In fact, neither would show as being in the drive so it wouldn't even allow me to set the drive to boot. Windows 7 did allow me to attempt to boot, however.

I've had this computer 3 days and so far, worst experience with pre-builts I've ever experienced.

I have same problem. How to download recovery disc? Help guys?

toronto699
Level 13
In The Manual That came with PC your u will find how to make a USB recovery drive... The Manual is on your PC.... Also in W8 or 8.1 in the charms is search .. search for Recovery , Recovery will explain step by step , How to make a Bootable Recovery USB Drive or a Bootable Recovery Disk... That's what i did. Or Google Recovery Disk in W8 or 8.1 or Recovery USB For W8 or 8.1 , there are videos how to do either a Bootable Recovery Disk or Bootable Recovery USB Drive... For Bootable Recovery USB. U need A 16 gig USB flashdrive. also u can search google for download of 8 or 8.1 iso file..its free.. there are videos how to use it for recovery drive. But one Very Important Thing u need Is Your Windows Product KEY Its in your PC .. Keep that W Product Key Save some where in a book or something or tape it to your PC cover U need The Windows Product Key to use the Bootable USB or Boottable Disk

bonjour

je viens vers vous car je rencontre un enorme soucis avec mon asus G750JM
donc je l'ai acheté en juillet 2014 et le vendeur ma donner une clef usb qui devait avoir dessus la restauration...donc ok
mais samedi mon pc deconne donc je mets la clef et là suprise rien la clef est vide de chez vide
j'ai la partition de recovery qui apparré mais impossible de lancer la restauration
donc je souhaiterai avoir vos lumiere svp pour pouvoir recuperer mon pc comme avant

merci d'avance pour votre aide

toronto699
Level 13
https://www.facebook.com/rog.fr merlin le barjot cest la france rog ice francias rog forum http://www.republic-of-gamers.fr/Forum/forum.php
I hope this is helpful my French ive forgotten have not spoken French since I was 4 years old

gundamfuuk
Level 7
any one could share the backup file in your usb disk or something like sd card ? Thanks , my backup disk is gone. my laptop is g750jm