cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag Problems in Online games.

CrateofCobras
Level 7
First of all, let me say that I've been running League of Legends at lowest settings on an old Dell Vostro 1520. My ping has always been anywhere from 94 - 106, about. This is playable.

I got an Asus ROG G750J. When I play League of Legends, my ping is steadily at 150-220, which is essentially unplayable. I am sitting where I always have, nothing has changed, and if I pull up my old laptop, I have good ping again.

This is not the ISP's fault. Ethernet connection yields steady 93 ping. I've been using wireless on the vostro and the rog.

I have no idea what the issue is. I have League set to high priority, I have nothing running in the background, I don't have virus protection software and I don't have Asus Live Download, or whatever it's called.

Can somebody please help me so I can play games again?
2 REPLIES 2

hmscott
Level 12
CrateofCobras wrote:
First of all, let me say that I've been running League of Legends at lowest settings on an old Dell Vostro 1520. My ping has always been anywhere from 94 - 106, about. This is playable.

I got an Asus ROG G750J. When I play League of Legends, my ping is steadily at 150-220, which is essentially unplayable. I am sitting where I always have, nothing has changed, and if I pull up my old laptop, I have good ping again.

This is not the ISP's fault. Ethernet connection yields steady 93 ping. I've been using wireless on the vostro and the rog.

I have no idea what the issue is. I have League set to high priority, I have nothing running in the background, I don't have virus protection software and I don't have Asus Live Download, or whatever it's called.

Can somebody please help me so I can play games again?

CrateofCobras, so if you use the G750 on ethernet your in game pings are ok? It is only on Wifi that the performance drops?

Maxter
Level 9
For LoL, it all depends what servers you connect to. You can't chose that either; they do. Ping varies from 15-250 depending on where you are and what time of day it is.
In any case, have you updated the WLAN drivers? you should be using the latest ones from support.asus.com. Sometimes you'll lag due to graphics issues. This laptop should have no issues with the latest drivers (what GPU drivers do you have?). This laptop lags when playing on battery mode (with all games) as expected.