cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VII vs Hero VI layout, spacing for CPU cooler and first VGA slot, same?

bulldogger
Level 7
What I am wondering if a large CPU cooler that I want to use will fit into the VII if it was compatible with the VI Hero. Has the spacing changed? If a company list a their CPU cooler as not blocking the first VGA slot on the Hero VI would the same be true for the Hero VII?
5 REPLIES 5

IM2L844
Level 12
OCAHOLIC says:

"The layout itself is well thought and there is, for example, plenty of space around the CPU socket to install even largest CPU coolers available today."

If the layout has changed the CPU cooler I want to use will fit. That's not so much the issue. The issue is will it still fit and allow the first VGA slot to be used. Does anyone know if the distance from the CPU socket and the first VGA slot has changed?

bulldogger wrote:
If the layout has changed the CPU cooler I want to use will fit. That's not so much the issue. The issue is will it still fit and allow the first VGA slot to be used. Does anyone know if the distance from the CPU socket and the first VGA slot has changed?

mabye say what cooler it is first so we can help you bether?
the Noctua 14?? coolers is large and have always been in close contact whit the cards, but it have helped to put some non conductive electric tape on the clamps on the fans.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The coolers will fit. If you have a very close tollerance between the fins of the cooler and the VGA 9/10 times it is a simple matter to shift the CPU cooler slightly over. But what I do just to be sure is place a few layers of non-conductive tape on the back of the VGA.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I wanted a quiet PC and used a Nofan CR-95. It did fit and no contact with the GPU. Thanks all for suggestions.