cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the PB287Q

Kruz_Rahl
Level 7
Greetings all, maybe I should post this in the "Build Advice" forum, but I've been keeping an eye on this one and felt I'd start here. I'm wanting to get into the 4k monitor glory, and not long ago I built my system based on what some folks here helped me on, and today I found out that there's a pre-order on Newegg for the PB2987Q!!! 🙂 I was like "yes! omg I must get it lol"

I've browsed and read about it over the last few weeks and since obviously 4k is going to be so much more demanding GPU wise in games, and since I had just bought not long ago the GTX780ti - 3GB graphic card, I know i will need to go SLI to get the best results so I have one on Newegg that I'm ready to purchase. Which matches the one I already have in my system.

I only play games, no video editing or other stuff really. 3gb graphic cards running a 3840 x 2160 monitor (even in SLI) will be taxing my system, won't it.
Will having 2 of these GPU's suffice for now or is this a serious no no, when moving into these 4k monitors. (I don't play Bf4, Crysis or many other popular releases I guess. Which could change. /shrugs I'm heavily into Rome 2 and with 20 or so Mods on it, I enjoy 8k+ armies on the battle field and that's a very high pixel rate/action to keep track of) So more memory on the gpu is yes, very nice indeed I'm sure.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236399 (on the 10th is being released)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121838 (I was planning on adding this to the order I have, to then go into SLI)

Please let me know and I appreciate any advice. I know tomorrow or next week or next month there's always something better. But spending almost $1500 on these two items, makes me just want to be sure this isn't a bad step to take with these ancient (laughs) but awesome 780ti's and not holding out or going up to an obvious 6gb or better setup instead.

Also, I can't tell if this PB287Q comes with a DisplayPort cable in the package, which I intend to use... if it does though, can you point it out or share a link to one that you'd recommend I order at the same time so I get the 60hz refresh rate?.

Thanks guys
Cheers

i7-4770k
Maximus VI Formula z87
G.Skill Triden X series 16gb
GTX-780ti 3gb
2 REPLIES 2

Kruz_Rahl
Level 7
This posting was put in the wrong section, my apologizes.

I've ordered the items and my fingers are crossed. I'm sure I'll be amazed nonetheless.

Later

Kruz Rahl wrote:
This posting was put in the wrong section, my apologizes.

I've ordered the items and my fingers are crossed. I'm sure I'll be amazed nonetheless.

Later

The Only issue I had with mine, UPS smashed my box so bad it looked twenty years old. Then he asked why I wouldn't sign for it, I said maybe its the 9 inch slice on the face of the box. For $500 I wont accept a beat up box, no more new egg for me.