cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G750JX won't boot

bugz3112
Level 7
I've had the laptop for about a month now with no Problems and I'm completely loving it until when I woke up this morning and tried to turn it on,
So, I pressed the power button and after around a min it was still a black screen then I got a little worried and pressed the power button again as to restart. After rebooting multiple times, I'm still getting a black screen without even the ROG logo showing up, only the LED keyboard and battery lights were on. I tried starting without the battery and still no luck. I also noticed that the ROG logo at the back that used to light up whenever the laptop is turned on was not on.

Does this problem occur often on the same type of laptop?
Should I send it back for repairs already?
Or can you guys tell me some troubleshooting/fixing methods here?

Edit: I forgot to mention that there's no drive activity either.
17 REPLIES 17

Filo1
Level 7
I had exackly the same problem, but i was changing settings in BIOS
Try my solution:
if someone experencing this problem:
keep clicking f2 at power on
press f9 then left arrow then press enter
press f10, press enter
should reboot and work
it seems only graphic driver dont work if i enable this option
it was possible to enter bios!
ALL THIS THINGS U DOING WHILE BLACK SCREEN

If u dont understand it tell me ill try to show u other way 😛
Tell me does this rebooting after CTRL+ALT+DEL ?
and if u click NUM Lock , the keyboard light power on/off?
About logo, you probably didnt notice
Logo is backlighted when screen is turned on (the screen backlight is backlight for logo too)

I have the same Asus laptop and it just wont start. I tried to force restart it by holding the power button down and since then the computer screen stays black (no backlight), the power button's light stays on and the num lock key stays also on. There is no activity at all at the start up except that the dvd drive spins a bit and the ''task'' light stays on for less than 2 seconds.

Recently the laptop has been working fine except last night some dude spilled wine over my laptop's touchpad everything was still working fine but when I removed the drive to clean it up a bit it didnt wanted to start again..

Filo1 wrote:
I had exackly the same problem, but i was changing settings in BIOS
Try my solution:

If u dont understand it tell me ill try to show u other way 😛
Tell me does this rebooting after CTRL+ALT+DEL ?
and if u click NUM Lock , the keyboard light power on/off?
About logo, you probably didnt notice
Logo is backlighted when screen is turned on (the screen backlight is backlight for logo too)

It worked for me. I had to install Windows (used Windows 8.1 Pro install disk) after issues with Windows 10 screwing up my MBR.

bugz3112
Level 7
Thanks for the reply,
I followed the steps that you mentioned and I did get a reboot,
After the reboot:
-there is drive activity
-num lk did work
But unfortunately still, black screen

I don't quite understand what you meant with the CTRL+ALT+DEL,
Am I supposed to have a reboot after pressing those keys?

bugz3112
Level 7
I think there is a slight hardware problem....what I did was....if anything....
Lied on my bed,
Held my laptop up (upside down)
Turned it on...
BOOM
It's back on

Thank you for the reply but I think I need to RMA it while the warranty's still active

Filo1
Level 7
Hi
Just look at my thread
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46790-G750JX-Boot-Problem
Your computer rebooted after doing this steps from mine first post
or it rebooted after CTRL+ALT+DEL
If it rebooted after doing these steps (not ctrl+alt+del) it can mean its not software problem (you just reset bios)
Did u tried to connect it via VGA cable?
I saw differences beetween our problems:
i had hdd activity (blink led after pressing enter) and fdd activity too
and when i tried CTRL+ALT+DEL it rebooted (anyway can you reboot PC using this keys?)

@theguillaume
did u tried to reset bios using method from my first post here?

Maxter
Level 9
My old Asus G1S, everytime the screen was always black and VGA didn't work meant that the GPU was fried. I went through 3 GPUs (which were fully attached to MoBo), then they gave me this G750 😄
I hope it's not the same problem. Plug the VGA cable as mentioned above for that test.

bugz3112
Level 7
Like I said, I think my problem is caused by a hardware problem because when I turn it on, only the Power indicator and keyboard backlight turns on, though the instructions filo posted did make it reboot, the laptop remains unusable.

I thought that there could be a loose wire or something inside so I held it upside down, turned it on, and it worked. When I turned it the rightside up, it remained perfectly fine, I shut it down to see if it was fine and it did reboot without a hitch (right side up on a table).

So, I will RMA it if the problem should recur.

Kolya
Level 7
I experienced a similar problem 4 or 5 times over the months with my ASUS G750 JW. Again today.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION : After the computer goes to sleep (using the Function ZZZ button), the computer refuses to wake up.

- Initially : shaking the mouse does not wake up PC.
- Black screen remains, no logo, keyboard lit in background + ON button remains lit in background

I pressed and held the Start button, tried restarting.
- You hear the computer spinning a little bit in background.
- Black screen remains, no screen logo.
- I unplugged mouse, external speaker, just to see.

Eventually, after a pressing the RESTART button the 3rd or 4th time, it finally woke up but this is very troubling.

QUESTION : Could my latest problem be related to a major NVIDIA Driver Update done on Aug 31, 2014 :

GeForce 340.52 Driver update included :
- 3D Vision Driver 340.52
- Graphics Driver 340.52
- HD Audio Driver 1.1.30.1
- PhysX System Software 9.13.1220 (a newer or same version was present on my pc)

Is this problem software or hardware related?
What should be the best BIOS for my computer? To my knowledge, I haven't changed any BIOS settings or major settings.