cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a cable question for ASUS G74SX

Razorr92
Level 7
Hi,

I just want to see if anyone knows which one of these cables is the keyboard backlight? I recently teared apart and put it together and I can't seem to make the keyboard backlight to work. I'm guessing it's one of these cables that has not been attached well.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Boosted_R
Level 8
I would assume the orange/brownish cable (middle-left)....... just a guess, but seems logical to me........ also you sure the backlight isn't just turned off.... common mistake...... try fn+f4...good luck
GL702VSK / GTX 1070 / M.2 960 EVO

HTPC MINI-ITX / FRACTAL CORE 500 / GIGABYTE GA-AB350N / GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G / RYZEN 5 1600 3.9GHz / M.2 960 EVO / G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3200MHz
OLD
ASUS G74SX-XC1 / INTEL 7260 AC / Samsung 850 PRO / TUNIQ TX-4 / BIOS 203 / 335.23

numanuk
Level 7
Have you modded bios? try flashing this bios. https://www.lutonparking.com/G74SxASBackLightFix.203.zip

I was scratching my head with the keyboard backlights and thought my cable was bad until I flashed with that bios linked above. Format USB pen first for flash
[G74SX-BBK11] 1080p i7-2670QM GTX 560M 2GB 8GB RAM 128GB SanDisk SSD BIOS 203 /w BD-PROCHOT disabled

numanuk wrote:
Have you modded bios? try flashing this bios. https://www.lutonparking.com/G74SxASBackLightFix.203.zip

I was scratching my head with the keyboard backlights and thought my cable was bad until I flashed with that bios linked above. Format USB pen first for flash

Well it was working before I took it apart carefully and when I put it together it didn't work(so did not touch the bios at all). I opened it again and to make sure it was in the right place BUT originally there was a light yellow tape (to keep the ribbon down on the board) but I didn't put it back, would this be the problem? I just want to have couple of solutions to try for when I open it again.

Razorr92 wrote:
Well it was working before I took it apart carefully and when I put it together it didn't work(so did not touch the bios at all). I opened it again and to make sure it was in the right place BUT originally there was a light yellow tape (to keep the ribbon down on the board) but I didn't put it back, would this be the problem? I just want to have couple of solutions to try for when I open it again.

That is probably your issue.
[G74SX-BBK11] 1080p i7-2670QM GTX 560M 2GB 8GB RAM 128GB SanDisk SSD BIOS 203 /w BD-PROCHOT disabled