cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory kit for Crosshair V Formula-Z

jte102
Level 7
I have the opportunity to purchase the following Corsair kit: CMD16GX3M2A1866C9 at a reduced price. According to the ASUS QVL, this ram is listed for the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, but not for the Crosshair. If I understand ram sufficiently well enough, I think that this ram should work on the Crosshair. Does anyone have any experience with this kit? ?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated !!
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello jte102 welcome to the ROG forum. To me it is not worth it to guess whether parts will be compatible or not. Save yourself the hassle and get a kit that is on the QVL list.

madcratebuilder
Level 10
All it means is that it hasn't been tested on the chvf-z. Personal preference is GSkill for AMD, but if you are getting a great price I would do it.
Speedbird 9590@5.1/CHVFZ/8gb G Skill@2133/ASUS R9-280X all on EK blocks controlled with Aquaero 6 Pro

Goonybird 8350@4.6/GA990FXAUD3/16gb Corsair@1600/Crossfired Sapphire 7990's cooled with CM 240L XSPC res

HiVizMan
Level 40
The ram will work on the Crosshair board.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.