cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are these OC measures and temps safe?

dimonakid
Level 7
hello.
i wonder if you would be kind to help me and advice?
my card is asus 780ti dc2oc
base 954 -> boost 1020 _mem 7000
iv used gpu tweak and set it like this:
base 1085 -> boost 1150 _ mem 7300

would someone be willing to take a look at the GPUZ log file and tell me if its a SAFE oc?
maybe you can advice me to improve?
i feel i could set the mem a litle higher ... maybe 7400>

please, here is the log file:

https://www.firedrive.com/file/8FB0DE165AB83FDF

and these are some the settings:

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello dimonakid welcome to the ROG forum. If you are stable all looks good accept the temp looks a little bit high. Try setting your fan curve so that when your gpu hits 60c the fan is running full throttle. See if that doesn't bring the temp down a bit.

You just have to slowly increase the core and memory until you get a freeze (core) or artifacts (memory). Start with the core and keep increasing the speed until you get a freeze or directx error, then back it off a notch. Then start with the memory. Increase the memory until you get artifacting then back it off a notch until the artifacting stops.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello dimonakid welcome to the ROG forum. If you are stable all looks good accept the temp looks a little bit high. Try setting your fan curve so that when your gpu hits 60c the fan is running full throttle. See if that doesn't bring the temp down a bit.

thank you for welcoming (i am new here).
you mentioned 60c and some other user said 75c.... whats confusing me is that asus set the TEMP TARGET to 82c (so maybe 82c is still safe?)

HiVizMan
Level 40
82'C is safe for graphic cards.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.