Mortyy

gtx 580 Matrix Platinum SLI?

Hi!

Im new here, so be gental :P !
    i just wondered if 2 gtx 580 Matrix Platium's in sli would produse much heat?
    like if it would melt eachothers solder points?

best regards

Mortyy

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1GTX980
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Nah, the cards would overheat and cause the computer to shut down before the solder would melt. Whether they would be too hot depends on how much space is between them and how much airflow your case has.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array cravinmild's Avatar

The coolers on these cards are massive, which will help. All sli will have some heat-ish issues. As long as your under the heat threshold youll be ok. I would not buy two of these for sli, i would get the msi lightning extreams with 3gb for sli and keep them stock. IMO you buy these cards to oc the snot out of them at which point heat may become an issue. Being they are non referance you cant even watercool them. Know what you want from them or it may cost more than it should to get what you want. These are the second most expensive cards on the market for single gpu cards.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array cravinmild's Avatar

I should add to my post above that the price is for non modded cards for watercooling like zotacs' 580 or a couple others. For stock air cards they are the second most expensive.

ROG Enthusiast Array glenn with 2 n's's Avatar

i would like to think out of the 10+ companys currently making water blocks that one will make the non-ref block for the matrix, theres enough of a following for overclocking (being thats the direction the matrix was created for). 1st one who dos will prolly be selling to sold out all threw next year i'd bet haha

the fact that asus worked it to a more solid design, not just components wise but how power was reworked. i read on one of the matrix reviews about this and how normal ref 580s had trouble along the lines of holding certain loads due to power, thats the jist of what i got out of it, if im incorrect about this feel free to break it down for me an who ever else =P
    †he RoG Hell Spawn | GPU/ 2 x Matrix Platinum 580 GTX in SLI | MoBo/ Maximus IV Extreme-Z | CPU/ i7 2600k (Cooled by Corsair H60) | Case/ SilverStone FT-02 | Memory/ 16GB of Corsair Vengeance | PSU/ SilverStone 1200-G | OS/ Win7Ult | OS SSD's/ 2 x Corsair 60GB Force GT in RAID 0 | Game Storage/ 2 x WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD in RAID 0 | Media Storage/ 2TB WD HDD | Main Storage/ 256GB SSD | Sound Card/ Creative SB X-Fi Ti with Front Drive | Misc/ Sound Activated Lighting | ....well i'll be damned

ROG Member Array

The cards do run HOT on SLI and it depends on your cooling aswell as stated above but i recommend getting good cooling first. They run like a charm.

bloodcraze
    As long as you have a HAF932 or a Corsair 800D and obviously a motherboard that will support the spacing, there should be no problem running these in SLI.

Mortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodcraze View Post
    As long as you have a HAF932 or a Corsair 800D and obviously a motherboard that will support the spacing, there should be no problem running these in SLI.
    i have an fractal design define XL?
    with sidewindow and 2x120mm fans blowing in and one 120mm blowing out. and ofc 2fans in front and the big one uptop..

Edit:
    here is a pic: