cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Port Issue - PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Issue

Recursive213
Level 7
Hi,

I recently purchased this motherboard last week, however, having a few difficulties regarding USB ports. When plugging in Mouse/ Keyboard etc. they all connect fine. However, whenever I plug in another accessory such as my iPhone + data cable, it blinks on and off, the connection doesn't stay stable enough to perform a data sync or charge it. This is also the same issue with using a gamepad such as an Xbox 360 Controller. I've tried reinstalling the USB 3.0 drivers, however, this issue also occurs when using 2.0 ports.

I've spoken to a friend about this, we've cancelled out having power issue and beleive their may be a bug with the driver itself.

On top of this issue, i'm also receiving driver issue with the PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Issue (Shows as a yellow ? in device manager)

Any help or ideas would be highly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

Praz
Level 13
Recursive213 wrote:
On top of this issue, i'm also receiving driver issue with the PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Issue (Shows as a yellow ? in device manager)

Hello

Did you install the Intel Management Engine driver?

Recursive213
Level 7
Hi,

When trying to install, i receive the following error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". Currently running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
Are you using the drivers that came with the motherboard disk? I would suggest that you use the disk provided and install them from there.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Driver issues are fixed, used the motherboard disc. Thanks.

Just stuck with this USB issue now. Only accepts certain devices. If I plug my keyboard into the USB Keybot slot, that also doesn't fully recognise, it disables the extra functions of my keyboard, such as volume up/down dial. (Using Logitech G15) and then states the device is not recognised, despite it's clearly working still. (Button on motherborad is pushed).

Recursive213 wrote:
Driver issues are fixed, used the motherboard disc. Thanks.

Just stuck with this USB issue now. Only accepts certain devices. If I plug my keyboard into the USB Keybot slot, that also doesn't fully recognise, it disables the extra functions of my keyboard, such as volume up/down dial. (Using Logitech G15) and then states the device is not recognised, despite it's clearly working still. (Button on motherborad is pushed).

I confirm problems with USB and Logitech G15 keyboard. After connecting to the port Keybot and activating this function, the keyboard stops responding. Interestingly after connecting to this port (for test) Logitech G5 mouse and activating Keybot also stops working. Both things both in Windows and the BIOS. Voltage 3.3V correct drivers for the latest (for the elderly is the same). ASUS please fix it.

Mark3
Level 8
Try updating the BIOS of the motherboard. Please let us know the results.
Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Might need to go over to the Logitech site and see if you can find drivers for your OS. Have seen issues with that keyboard in the past.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Downloaded the latest BIOS drivers just last Tuesday (When i received all parts for a build) and installed then. Unless there's been an updated release since?

The issue is with multiple devices, not just the keyboard.

v4p3rz
Level 7
Hello,
Not sure if this is the right thread but, My keybot port totally disables my keyboard after about 3 minutes of turning on keybot. I have maximus vii hero, keyboard is corsair k70. all other usb devices work fine in any port except the keybot port even the keyboard. Any advice would be appreciated.
vii hero with, i7 4770k, 16gb ddr3 1866mhz, 660ti in 2 way sli, win 7 pro 64bit
have uninstalled and reinstalled keybot twice now with the same result. have not checked for bios update. that I will do now.

Thanks in advance.