Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

USB Port Issue - PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Issue

Hi,

I recently purchased this motherboard last week, however, having a few difficulties regarding USB ports. When plugging in Mouse/ Keyboard etc. they all connect fine. However, whenever I plug in another accessory such as my iPhone + data cable, it blinks on and off, the connection doesn't stay stable enough to perform a data sync or charge it. This is also the same issue with using a gamepad such as an Xbox 360 Controller. I've tried reinstalling the USB 3.0 drivers, however, this issue also occurs when using 2.0 ports.

I've spoken to a friend about this, we've cancelled out having power issue and beleive their may be a bug with the driver itself.

On top of this issue, i'm also receiving driver issue with the PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Issue (Shows as a yellow ? in device manager)

Any help or ideas would be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Recursive213 View Post
    On top of this issue, i'm also receiving driver issue with the PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Issue (Shows as a yellow ? in device manager)
    Hello

Did you install the Intel Management Engine driver?

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi,

When trying to install, i receive the following error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". Currently running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Thanks

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Are you using the drivers that came with the motherboard disk? I would suggest that you use the disk provided and install them from there.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Junior Member Array

Driver issues are fixed, used the motherboard disc. Thanks.

Just stuck with this USB issue now. Only accepts certain devices. If I plug my keyboard into the USB Keybot slot, that also doesn't fully recognise, it disables the extra functions of my keyboard, such as volume up/down dial. (Using Logitech G15) and then states the device is not recognised, despite it's clearly working still. (Button on motherborad is pushed).

ex-ASUS Support Array Mark@ASUS PC Specs
    Mark@ASUS PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G771
    MotherboardMaximus Impact VII
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-4790K
    Memory (part number)Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
    Monitor3xROG SWIFT PG278Q
    Storage #12xSAMSUNG 850 Pro Series MZ-7KE1T0BW 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm
    CaseBitfenix Prodigy M
    Power SupplyAX1200i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1200 Watt 80 PLUS® Platinum Certified Fully-Modular PSU
    Keyboard STRIX TACTIC PRO and XBOX One Controller
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius 90MP0081-B0UA00 Steel Grey 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical 6400 dpi Gaming Mouse
    Headset STRIX PRO
    OS Linux (SteamBOX woot) and Windows 7
    Network RouterASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router

Try updating the BIOS of the motherboard. Please let us know the results.
    Hi, I have now retired from ASUS support, please refer problems to current @ASUS/cl- usernames.

Might need to go over to the Logitech site and see if you can find drivers for your OS. Have seen issues with that keyboard in the past.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Junior Member Array

Downloaded the latest BIOS drivers just last Tuesday (When i received all parts for a build) and installed then. Unless there's been an updated release since?

The issue is with multiple devices, not just the keyboard.

ROG Member Array v4p3rz PC Specs
    v4p3rz PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Vll Hero
    ProcessorIntel i7 4770K
    Memory (part number)cmz16gx3m4x1866c9
    Graphics Card #1MSI Geforce gtx 970 gaming 4g
    Graphics Card #2MSI Geforce gtx 970 gaming 4g
    Sound CardOnboard, Supreme fxaudio
    MonitorToshiba 40" smart hdtv, 3 x benq gw2450 24" moniors
    Storage #1SSD's Crucial, Kingston, Hyperx
    Storage #2WD black 1tb, Seagate barracuda 1tb
    CPU Coolercorsair h100i
    Casecorsair air 540 in white
    Power Supplyrosewill 1000w bronze
    Keyboard corsair k70
    Mouse r.a.t. 7
    Headset tTesports shock, white
    Mouse Pad corsiar mm200
    Headset/Speakers Creative 5.1
    OS Wiin7Pro

Hello,
    Not sure if this is the right thread but, My keybot port totally disables my keyboard after about 3 minutes of turning on keybot. I have maximus vii hero, keyboard is corsair k70. all other usb devices work fine in any port except the keybot port even the keyboard. Any advice would be appreciated.
    vii hero with, i7 4770k, 16gb ddr3 1866mhz, 660ti in 2 way sli, win 7 pro 64bit
    have uninstalled and reinstalled keybot twice now with the same result. have not checked for bios update. that I will do now.

Thanks in advance.

OP if you system is providing the correct voltage to the USB ports then they should work. Could you open HWmonitor and check what the voltages are on the 3.3 v rails?

And if they are within tolerance then RMA your board made and get one that just works for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast