Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Angry Help..new G750JM after geforce experience update to 2.1 >>>BSOD

hi guys
    id really appreciate any help
    my 2 week old g750jm started giving BSOD owing to a "Power stat driver failure" thing
    it started happening right after I updated the Geforce Experience to 2.1
    so I uninstalled it and its not happened since
    any idea what the fix is or where I could download the old version from or is it something else?
    thanks

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

Uninstall GeForce experience and GPU drivers. Look for the drivers you used to have and only install those. Forget GeForce experience... garbage software.
    If you want to go more in depth with this problem, however, download the "WhoCrashed" program and post here the results after you run it. It searches within your dump file to pinpoint the crash issue.

ROG Member Array

hey..thanks
    it hasn't happened again, just deleting the GeForce experience did the trick I think so far
    so im just gona wait and see, incase it happens again ill take your advice

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Just remember that without gf experience you won't have battery boost, shadowplay, and a few other features

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

shadowplay is not the best... FRAPS works just fine. Battery boost is only for GTX800's and only for gaming under battery. If you are using the latest games, you need to plug in anyways, as the battery can't fully supply power to CPU and GPU at the same time for full-on gaming (this is a electro-physics issue, nothing else).

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Shadowplay is better than most (if not the best) because it's hardware accelerated my friend . FRAPS is crap compared to shadowplay. I don't want to start a flame or something, but just clear things up. You really are missing a lot by not having GFE dullz

ROG Member Array

hi guys
    so it happened today again after i had just installed wolfenstein and updated itunes to the latest version, when i restarted my pc it gave the same BSOD with POWER STATE DRIVER FAILURE error
    so i downloaded whocrashed and the following was reported by it:
    "On Sun 6/15/2014 8:50:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061614-45781-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE001FF1B9880, 0xFFFFD0007032A930, 0xFFFFE001FF1EF010)
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time."
    Anxiously anticipating any help..i have no idea what this is or how to go about it..
    Ps:i still havent installed Geforce experience ...think its safe to?
    thankyou

ROG Member Array

also all 4 times this has happened its been the same error so incase that clears anything out

ROG Member Array

im sorry but i also launched battlefield 4 right before i restarted could it be that?

ROG Member Array

Guys, I`m having the same ****ing issues... my (same) laptop ( asus rog 750jm ) is getting BSOD (because of the new driver 337.88 (nvidia)). so what I did? Well, after freaking the **** out and spending the last week hitting my head on the wall (joking), I ended up trying to uptade some drivers... got my nvidia to the one available in the asus support website, the 332.60, and the problem was gone. BUUUUT, this ``thing`` is still pissing me off, when i get to games like, World of warcraft and alt+ tab when i go back to the game it get rendering problems like spawing some black lines everywhere. AND IT ONLY GET`S WORT... I just downloaded the new battlefield hardline beta and guess what, I can`t even run it on medium with this computer settings... and when on high (settings) i get 10 fps... THERE IS something VERY wrong here. what i`m trying to say is... I wanna know if the problem is with the computer or the drivers... or goddamm god trying to **** me over...
    My laptap happened to crash a lot of times becaus of DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE and for what i`ve searched this is something the is happening with some guys around the globe (that has this laptop) and I`d really like to know what to do to get it fix or something I can help with.

extra info:
    the newest driver (nvidia) is 337.88
    i`m currently using the 332.60
    i think it`s ****ed up that i someone got me sold a laptop like this... (unnecessary extra info)

P.S.: Guys, sorry about my manners and my, possible, bad english. I`m a brazillian which explain the mistakes.
    Last edited by Malacco; 06-16-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast