Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Use the 332.60 driver, not the 337.88. They fixed it in the 332.60s and brought it back in 337.88 from what I can tell.

ROG Member Array

When ASUS had me reload Windows yesterday, I chose not to do the NVIDIA update it was trying to push for the driver. Guess I got lucky because I just checked and it is the 332.60. Since then, no BSOD. I've spend at least 3 sittings of 2 hours each gaming on SWTOR since then so YAY!!!

I'll keep all posted if it fails. It seems the more info the better.

ROG Member Array

What Krysannthe said!! I reloaded Windows today as well, and have had zero BSOD's. I did NOT update to the newest NVidia driver, however. I am going to wait as long as possible on doing that. I even tried a much heavier GPU load game and made it force quit just to see if I could replicate the issue and it never BSOD'd on me. I'm thrilled too because I didn't want to have to pack up this 10lb mammoth and send it back!

Hope this helps someone!

ROG Member Array

Well guys... I spent quite some time without the problem but IT'S BACK!!!!! pop your bottles, call your friends cuz' the party is here again!
    I have the 337.88 (OFICIAL Patch from ASUS) and after installing Heroes of newerth I got the memory problem where everything freezes and as you might know when it comes to this next step is BSOD and guess what?! BSOD EVERYONE! I trying to reinstall the drivers : nVidia Graphics Driver(Version V9.18.13.3788) and Intel Graphics Driver (Version V10.18.10.3379.01) and I shall post the result.

ROG Member Array

I recently started getting issue as well, and ive updated to the lastest drivers on asus support page. So if anyone has any advice on this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

ROG Member Array

Finally Found a Fix

Hi,

I've been scouring the internet for weeks looking for help with my BSOD problems. I finally made a discovery that fixed the whole thing and thought I'd share it with as many people as possible.

Some background on my issue:

I installed the 337.88 drivers and the beta drivers but kept on getting random BSODs due to a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I looked at the dump file and debugged it myself as BlueScreenviewer offered no answers for me. It pointed to an ntoskrnl.exe driver and further digging showed pci.sys to be the culprit, however this cannot be true. More digging within the minidump yielded nviddmkm.sys, so naturally I thought it was a driver problem. (I have a background inproramming, so I was able to do a fairly deep analysis of the file.) I installed the 332.50 drivers and no more problems. However, I was not satisfied with this solution. I did even more searching on the internet and several other cases were solved by turning off overclocking. I had already uninstalled GPUTweak, so what else could it be?

Well, the BIOS had the answers. Here's my solution:

1. Power down your laptop. (Full shutdown)
    2. Press the power button.
    3. Quickly and repeatedly mash the F2 button to enter BIOS setup.
    4. Navigate to the "Advanced" tab.
    5. Scroll down to "Graphics Configuration" and hit the "Enter" key.
    6. Scroll to the "Turbomaster setting" and hit the "Enter" key.
    7. You will see two options, "Enable" and "Disable", choose "Disable".
    8. Finally hit the "Esc" key and go to the "Quit" tab and "Save Changes and Exit"

Now you can install the newest drivers without experiencing a BSOD. I hope I helped. If you guys have any questions be sure to ask me, I'l answer to the best of my ability.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by TheIconoclast View Post
    Hi,

I've been scouring the internet for weeks looking for help with my BSOD problems. I finally made a discovery that fixed the whole thing and thought I'd share it with as many people as possible.

Some background on my issue:

I installed the 337.88 drivers and the beta drivers but kept on getting random BSODs due to a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I looked at the dump file and debugged it myself as BlueScreenviewer offered no answers for me. It pointed to an ntoskrnl.exe driver and further digging showed pci.sys to be the culprit, however this cannot be true. More digging within the minidump yielded nviddmkm.sys, so naturally I thought it was a driver problem. (I have a background inproramming, so I was able to do a fairly deep analysis of the file.) I installed the 332.50 drivers and no more problems. However, I was not satisfied with this solution. I did even more searching on the internet and several other cases were solved by turning off overclocking. I had already uninstalled GPUTweak, so what else could it be?

Well, the BIOS had the answers. Here's my solution:

1. Power down your laptop. (Full shutdown)
    2. Press the power button.
    3. Quickly and repeatedly mash the F2 button to enter BIOS setup.
    4. Navigate to the "Advanced" tab.
    5. Scroll down to "Graphics Configuration" and hit the "Enter" key.
    6. Scroll to the "Turbomaster setting" and hit the "Enter" key.
    7. You will see two options, "Enable" and "Disable", choose "Disable".
    8. Finally hit the "Esc" key and go to the "Quit" tab and "Save Changes and Exit"

Now you can install the newest drivers without experiencing a BSOD. I hope I helped. If you guys have any questions be sure to ask me, I'l answer to the best of my ability.
    Disabling Turbomaster doesn't fix it either, sadly, even in BIOS. I've tried that myself. If it hasn't happened yet and you're not on the 332.60 driver, it's lucky coincidence.

New ROGer Array

Hi i have same problems too with my asusg750jm and another thing when i using 332.60 with max details in dota and high details in neverwinter saw some flashing pixels when i install 3788 in dota they seems ok but this time after exit game always BSOD quick fix pls i cant play any games now flashing pixels with 332.60 and no flashing pixels with 3788 but BSOD after exit not good ty

ROG Member Array jeffpark1118 PC Specs
    jeffpark1118 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX531GS
    MotherboardMsi Z97 Gaming 5
    ProcessorIntel Core I5-4690K
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR3 G.SKILL SNIPER
    Graphics Card #1POWERCOLOR DEVIL RADEON R9 390X
    MonitorASUS vg279
    Storage #1128GB BOOT SSD
    Storage #2512 GAMING SSD
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR H60
    CaseThermaltake Core X71
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Fully Modular
    Keyboard Corsair k70 Rapid fire
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair Void Pro RGB
    Mouse Pad Just some plain stuff
    OS Windoge 10

So did you figure out how to fix it? My driver power state failure only comes out when i have to restart my laptop (G750JM) or twice randomly. I need to get it fixed and does anyone know if doing a complete factory reset on the laptop might* fix it ? Please Thank you

New ROGer Array

I am too having the same problem. I had it total 4 times. twice when i played cod ghost and quit it . while the other 2 was encountered when i was just simply browsing internet . i still don't understand what's it had to with internet browsing.
    pls help

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast