Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help..new G750JM after geforce experience update to 2.1 >>>BSOD

dullz
Level 7
hi guys
id really appreciate any help
my 2 week old g750jm started giving BSOD owing to a "Power stat driver failure" thing
it started happening right after I updated the Geforce Experience to 2.1
so I uninstalled it and its not happened since
any idea what the fix is or where I could download the old version from or is it something else?
thanks
99 REPLIES 99

Maxter
Level 9
Uninstall GeForce experience and GPU drivers. Look for the drivers you used to have and only install those. Forget GeForce experience... garbage software.
If you want to go more in depth with this problem, however, download the "WhoCrashed" program and post here the results after you run it. It searches within your dump file to pinpoint the crash issue.

hey..thanks
it hasn't happened again, just deleting the GeForce experience did the trick I think so far
so im just gona wait and see, incase it happens again ill take your advice

theclaw37
Level 9
Just remember that without gf experience you won't have battery boost, shadowplay, and a few other features

Maxter
Level 9
shadowplay is not the best... FRAPS works just fine. Battery boost is only for GTX800's and only for gaming under battery. If you are using the latest games, you need to plug in anyways, as the battery can't fully supply power to CPU and GPU at the same time for full-on gaming (this is a electro-physics issue, nothing else).

theclaw37
Level 9
Shadowplay is better than most (if not the best) because it's hardware accelerated my friend :). FRAPS is crap compared to shadowplay. I don't want to start a flame or something, but just clear things up. You really are missing a lot by not having GFE dullz

also all 4 times this has happened its been the same error so incase that clears anything out

dullz
Level 7
hi guys
so it happened today again after i had just installed wolfenstein and updated itunes to the latest version, when i restarted my pc it gave the same BSOD with POWER STATE DRIVER FAILURE error
so i downloaded whocrashed and the following was reported by it:
"On Sun 6/15/2014 8:50:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061614-45781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE001FF1B9880, 0xFFFFD0007032A930, 0xFFFFE001FF1EF010)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time."
Anxiously anticipating any help..i have no idea what this is or how to go about it..
Ps:i still havent installed Geforce experience ...think its safe to?
thankyou

dullz wrote:
hi guys
so it happened today again after i had just installed wolfenstein and updated itunes to the latest version, when i restarted my pc it gave the same BSOD with POWER STATE DRIVER FAILURE error
so i downloaded whocrashed and the following was reported by it:
"On Sun 6/15/2014 8:50:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061614-45781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE001FF1B9880, 0xFFFFD0007032A930, 0xFFFFE001FF1EF010)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time."
Anxiously anticipating any help..i have no idea what this is or how to go about it..
Ps:i still havent installed Geforce experience ...think its safe to?
thankyou

dullz, the Asus Gaming Mouse driver causes these crashes as well, did you uninstall it? I also recommend uninstalling the Asus Power4Gear and use the Windows Balanced Power Plan for everyday use, and use High Performance Power plan for benchmarking. I also uninstall the Asus Splendid, Asus Live Update, AsusVibe.

So, if you don't have Geforce experience installed, and you are still getting crashes, then it isn't Geforce Experience causing the problem, so go ahead and install it 🙂

Yeah man... that's a pure kernel crash. I'm more than sure that it is a driver issue. I've found the drivers from nVidia 335.23 to be the most stable ones for the 700 and 800 series GPUs. Before that one, the 327.23 was the most stable one. Seems many people in this thread have gone below the 335.23 one and seems to be working for them. So I recommend a downgrade. Download those drivers and make sure you perform a "clean" install. Do not install the audio HD drivers or 3D drivers unless you really plan on using them (useless...). Though some people like the GeForce Experience, I still recommend against it (A true gamer performs their own optimizations - they vary per PC). Let us know how that worked for you...
EDIT: in case you need steps -> Download, double-click EXE file, after clicking next you'll get a list of stuff to install; click on the "clean install" box.