Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array JackNaylorPE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    They are installed, they will mess with things.

Chose one application and stick with that one. Loose the others. That is my advice, it is up to you as it is your system.
    Well I like HWiNFO64 as that gives the most info ..... AiSuite has limited info, doesn't do core temps but w/o I lose fan control..... w/o MSi afterburner, I lose ability to OC GFX. So must we give up AiSuite, AB and such if we need to see core temps ?

Most don't actually get installed..... I mean they are self contained ... exist only in my downloads directory. If program is self contained and not running, is it actually doing any polling ?
    October 26 Build
    MoBo:Max VI Formula
    RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
    GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
    HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
    SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    PSU:Seasonic X-1250
    Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
    Optical:Asus BR Burner
    KB: Logitech G19s
    Mouse:RoG GX950
    Fan Con.: Six Eyes
    Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Afterburner is one that you can keep with confidence. It hardly ever causes issues with systems. I use it over the ASUS one on all my builds.

Your second question; if a application is not installed it is not going to poll no. If a application is installed but not opened, well there it gets a little more complex as there will be registry entries that are in place that will cause hassles potentially. I have seen this time and time again.

Hope that helps.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array JackNaylorPE's Avatar

Yes, that's what I was getting at ..... many of these utilities are "self contained" , do not install in a conventional sense and only registry entry might be the creation of a "Launch Program" shortcut. Others, like the Logitech KB feature for example where it displays Afterburner's CPU / GPU readings on the KB LCD. I found that issues I experienced with RoG Real Bench disappeared after opening task manager" closing Lcore.exe.
    October 26 Build
    MoBo:Max VI Formula
    RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
    GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
    HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
    SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    PSU:Seasonic X-1250
    Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
    Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
    Optical:Asus BR Burner
    KB: Logitech G19s
    Mouse:RoG GX950
    Fan Con.: Six Eyes
    Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4