cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Overheating on Maximus VI Formula

--R4V3N--
Level 7
Hi all haven't been on for a while, anyways down to my issue,
I recently got the asus maximus vi formula motherboard and the intel core i7 4770k it's all on stock speeds for now but it seems to be over heating!
I am using the corsair h100i cooler but as I was saying when it's idle it's at 40 to 50c, the voltages seem normal but in CPUz it's showing core voltage as 1.765v but in the bios it's the CPU input voltage that is show that voltage! I have removed the and reseated the cooler and thermal paste about 3 times now and can't figure it out, I've yet to try the the intel stock cooler to see how that go's.

My setup is:

Intel Core i7 4770k
Asus Maximus VI Formula
Corsair Vengance RAM 8gb (2x4gb)
EVGA GeForce GTX 780
Sandisk 250gb SSD
Western Digital Green 1tb
Asus PCE-AC68 Wifi Card
Corsair RM850 PSU
Corsair 540 case

If anyone could help that would be great thanks in advance.
32 REPLIES 32

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would guess that you are using a older version of CPUz and what you are seeing is the VCCIN voltage. Please download the latest version of CPUz and have another look.

Clear CMOS just to ensure that your voltage is at defaults.

Temps are dependant on your ambient, if you are in a room of 16'C then that is way to high. If you are in a room of 30'C then not so crazy, but yes it is higher than I would expect.

What you can do is ensure that your fans on the cooler are working correctly.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I'll check what version of CPUz I am running, even in hardware monitor it's show temps high and that one voltage high.

The fans on the cooler are working perfectly but will change them to better ones as one is noisy,

I'll try clearing the CMOS at the same time to see if anything changes .

The only thing I did change is the ram to the xmp profile.

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK it may be that the cooler you are using is defective. What happens when you run some kind of stress test like ROG Realbench?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I'm starting to think it is the cooler as one tube is getting hot while the other stays cold and only one part of the rad is warm (where the pipes are),

Haven't done a stress test yet it's on my list of things to do lol, I'll run ROG Realbench to see what comes up as well.

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK what you are feeling on the one tube is not how it should be.

Double check your power connectors for the cooler are fitted and that the cooler itself is running, you should feel some kind of vibration from the pump.

The pump is running as can feel it, plus in bios and ai suit shows and corsair link that the pump is running at 2236rpm,

I've reset the CMOS and the bios shows temps going from 31c to 38c so it's abit better not sure what the room temperature is on my living room.

Was going to post a picture of the voltages in the bios but can't see where to attach it

--R4V3N--
Level 7
just downloaded the latest version of CPUz and the voltage is normal on there,

Here is a picture of the voltages in the bios: 37467

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK that is better. Now what you do is make sure you only have one monitoring application installed. Then run ROG Realbench and see how your temps go please.

Ok i'll run ROG Realbench now and see how it go's, i'll use the AI suit 3 as the temps on that match the bios.